legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
<snip>

I don't know about you but my job doesn't pay $6000/day.

Does yours?
snip>

Some of us might.................. unfortunately not me.

1644435110813.png

PnwGladiatorBuild

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf TDI , 2022 JTRD
I am picking mine up from Gupton and driving it 2500 miles to Seattle. Not only does Daniel give you 7% under invoice, he allows you to do a large down payment. Other dealers will give you a similar deal but only let you do a 5k deposit. Daniel is cool with a large deposit which saves me more in interest in the long run. Plus he's financing is surprisingly very competitive.

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
I understand the pandemic has screwed this whole process up, but these posts are amazing that this is what customers have to do to get a reasonable deal on a vehicle. Unreal.

Rightfully so, we are seeing the death of the car dealership. This is proof.

Somewhere Elon Musk is smiling.
Actually we have been buying from certain dealers under their invoice like this since the JL hit the streets in late 2017. For a lot of us living south of NY, it’s an easy do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually we have been buying from certain dealers under their invoice like this since the JL hit the streets in late 2017. For a lot of us living south of NY, it’s an easy do.
Brigham Gill in Framingham MA was willing to sell me a Mojave for $5k under invoice a year ago. It wouldn't have been worth driving from TN for an extra $1000. But when I checked with them this fall when I was ready to buy, they told me the best they could do was MSRP.

Straightforward, no games. Just like before. But the price went up. ha. The sales guy understood my position (of course I'd drive for a day to save $6000) and I understood his position. (Why discount when everything you are getting is sold before its off the truck).

am1978

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Homebrewer
Brigham Gill in Framingham MA was willing to sell me a Mojave for $5k under invoice a year ago. It wouldn't have been worth driving from TN for an extra $1000. But when I checked with them this fall when I was ready to buy, they told me the best they could do was MSRP.

Straightforward, no games. Just like before. But the price went up. ha. The sales guy understood my position (of course I'd drive for a day to save $6000) and I understood his position. (Why discount when everything you are getting is sold before its off the truck).
Exactly, everyone’s equation is different and at different times. Which dealer is doing what deal and when, how far away, how much ass pain it is, etc. When you factory order and put down a deposit it’s supposed to be a contract. The difference between selling whatever comes off the truck is that the guy doing below invoice sales is a larger volume seller. Ask the Gupton, Criswell, or Koons dealerships—those guys are netting the factory bonuses for volume sales. Selling at MSRP or at or just above invoice doesn’t get the average dealer those rewards.

w650gb500

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
Occupation
Fabricator
Canandaigua Jeep in upstate NY is selling at MSRP plus $150 doc fees, nothing else.

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
That's one day. Red Bull and coffee are your friends.

I drove from Gupton to Boston straight through. 1100 miles. It only took 18 hours.

I don't know about you but my job doesn't pay $6000/day.

Does yours?

And zero hassle, zero drama, zero stress. They give you a price, you agree, and that's it.
They even pick you up at the airport. Ticket cost me $135.
Bought my Willys last May at Kelly in Lynnfield MA. Got over $4300 off.... then again, it was like a week before the chip shortage.

Sponsored

BCam

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, '11 Lincoln MKS, '16 Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Sales
Anyone near(ish) NY state offering below invoicing on orders? Can't even get the dealers up here to take the TL Control number. No negotiation what so ever and ridiculous markups.
I'm located in Syracuse, not too far from you. I purchased my '21 Willys in September '21, took delivery in November. During this wait time I subscribed to TL. Their website lists those that accept the TL 1% below invoice. Took my documents in when I picked up the Gladiator and they honored the discount. I purchased at Driver's Village in N. Syracuse and saw that Romano sold several with the TL discount. These are pretty close to you. Hope it helps. Don't buy one in Sarge Green because I don't want a look-alike on my turf!!

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired

Pug

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
When it is time to order my new Gladiator, I will try local first. But will most likely go with Gupton. This past week I took my Jeep in for an oil change. Walked the lot like most of us do. 4 2022 Gladiators on the lot. Each had a $7,000 ADM. 3 2021‘s also on lot with the same $7,000 ADM. I will not even waste my time talking to them about my order.

Average Oregonian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/gupton-motors-up-to-8-below-invoice.34440/

Many other dealers will do similar or the same, but Gupton is regarded for their efficiency and service. It's worth asking locally, but I wouldn't beg knowing that Gupton is an easy solution. Be sure to join Tread Lightly! ahead of time regardless of where you purchase (it provides entry into the FCA Affiliates Program).
Yes, the lack of stress with a Gupton order was a big part of it. It was like any other transaction with a PROFESSIONAL orgainzation. No games. He sends me an offer. If I like it, I leave a deposit.
When I go to pick it up, the numbers are identical. Done.
Sponsored