Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sport basic model on order. Dealer said they would need a week for dealer prep once it arrives. Got me thinking what's so involved that they would need a week?

Anyone have first hand knowledge of what they do and anything they do that I should ask them not to do other than installing and dealer stickers?
Sponsored

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
I have a Sport basic model on order. Dealer said they would need a week for dealer prep once it arrives. Got me thinking what's so involved that they would need a week?

Anyone have first hand knowledge of what they do and anything they do that I should ask them not to do other than installing and dealer stickers?
I don't know what is involved in dealer prep...I do know that when I got my custom-order Sport-S, it was unloaded, prep'ed and I took delivery of it the same day!!!

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer prep should not take a week, sounds like they are dragging their feet. FCA reimburses the dealership for dealer prep, and when I was doing this years ago, they paid 1.2-1.5 hours depending on the model. When my special order JK arrived in 2013, they prepped it, washed, waxed, and had it ready to go in about 4 hours. Don't let them hold your truck up for a week.

Also, my other advice is to use the tracking tools available here on the forum and contacting Jeep customer care to keep tabs on the progress of your build. Buddy of mine ordered a JLU and he knew it arrived at the dealership before they did. If no one is checking on it, it could be just sitting there for 2 or 3 days before even getting processed and prepped. Same thing happened to a different friend with his Ram Rebel.

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Thursday will be 4 weeks from ordering and I have still yet to receive a VIN or any status. What and when should i expect some kind of status or VIN?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
I did not get a VON but will request one today from my dealer.
It may be shipped and close to your dealer by now. I ordered on 2/22 and shipped last week. Jeep Chat said it could be to the dealership as soon as today and up until 2/23. If it arrives today that may be 2.5 weeks and would be the fastest i have heard of.

OP
OP
Willys2Gladiator

Willys2Gladiator

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Received my VIN. Talked with Jeep Chat and all parts received and build should start any day.

Hockeypilot44

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep Wrangler
It may be shipped and close to your dealer by now. I ordered on 2/22 and shipped last week. Jeep Chat said it could be to the dealership as soon as today and up until 2/23. If it arrives today that may be 2.5 weeks and would be the fastest i have heard of.
Lucky bastard. I'm going on 8 weeks and still don't have a window sticker.
Sponsored