Dealer Installed Options

chrisblaze

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328d
I have a Overloand NE ordered but will not be ready until december, in the mean time I have been looking at other Gladiators at local dealers and possibley canceling my order and buying local. I ran across a dealer that has a White Gladiator LE with 4k miles on it (it was a Demo), the hood had paint chips along with the fender. They have it listed for $57k, which is the same price they had another brand new JT listed as. Also they had the below "dealer installed" options... that in the world is Nitrgen doing being install on a JT?? Do any of the other options make sense (see photo)?

Jeep Gladiator Dealer Installed Options car_LI

LI.jpg
Sponsored

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
Run away!

captanzuelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JK
Nitrogen air in the tires, as indicated by green caps on the stem valves.

Looks like the same items the dealer in Vegas tried to sneak in, except they were charging $2,995 for the same "package." And they only brought it up after negotiating on the price. No thanks.

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I saw a sport s for sale in Virginia when i was looking for 33500 when I went to get the out to the door price their was a sudden $2600 in fees. Car dealers are the scum of the earth.

Sponsored

41Willys

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '16 Kia Sorrento, '07 Toyota Tundra
Yeah, no. Look, I'm 56 years old. I've bought new, used, CPO, antique, from dealers, private parties, rental companies and I'm a Purchasing agent by profession.

I would NEVER buy from a dealer that puts this crap on a vehicle unless I was just using them to deliver one I ordered.

I've read their books, I know what they do. They try to take advantage of people's ignorance of the process. Don't fall for it.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
what is the deal with Nitrogen filled tires? what happens when you air down and the n back up Won't you just gradually use up the nitrogen?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
what is the deal with Nitrogen filled tires? what happens when you air down and the n back up Won't you just gradually use up the nitrogen?
Nitrogen is supposed to have larger molecules and not slowly leak out like regular air. It only makes sense on vehicles where the air pressure won't be purposely changed (street and highway driving). I bought off the lot, and the dealer had already installed it. I've had one flat, so it no longer has Nitrogen in it. I don't see much difference from the other three, except maybe a little more temperature related pressure variation.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Been awhile since I was in school, but I recall air being ~78% nitrogen to begin with, the rest mainly oxygen. I suppose you would work your way down to that in steps, so the first couple times you deflate and fill up it wouldn't drop down to that right away.

Over my head but I think the "size" of a n2 molecule compared to o2 is like 1.55 to 1.52. from what I can tell the bigger gain may be from having very low moisture from the purging and dry nitrogen used to fill it. The h2o expands a bit more with temperature they say.

Probably something that makes more sense on a race track. I had wondered the same thing too.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon GATOR
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Not something that I want to pay for. Seems like a scam
Sponsored