Sponsored

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2021 Mojave gladiator
Jeep and Ram are the moneymakers, but the minivan sells as well and the Big Hemi's are still running around! I don't believe that they will sell out to the chinese.
Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
Jeep and Ram are the moneymakers, but the minivan sells as well and the Big Hemi's are still running around! I don't believe that they will sell out to the chinese.
Let's hope they don't. Let's keep American Corporations American.

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C'mon Sparty...I would expect that comment from the school down the road! They could've made the Grand Wagoneer anywhere but chose right here in Michigan. Go Green

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
This sales chart is interesting. If you click on the arrows up top twice to sort from highest to lowest, Dodge is number 17. Their sales numbers in January of 2021 of 20,478 is abysmal compared to Toyota, Ford and Chevrolet which are well above 100,000. The numbers get progressively worse through the year.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-brand/

Stellantis is selling 300% more Jeeps than they are Dodge vehicles.

Consider that 20,478 number included minivans, SUVs, Challengers and Chargers. This supports my friend's claim that Dodge really doesn't sell enough vehicles to make it worthwhile. Most of those models have a low profit margin. I also hope they don't sell out to the Chinese, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stellantis killed Dodge and Plymouth just like GM killed Pontiac, Saturn and Oldsmobile. Trucks and SUVs are where the profit is and Stellantis can sell trucks under the RAM badge and SUVs under the Jeep badge.

Sponsored

GOT FLOYD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This sales chart is interesting. If you click on the arrows up top twice to sort from highest to lowest, Dodge is number 17. Their sales numbers in January of 2021 of 20,478 is abysmal compared to Toyota, Ford and Chevrolet which are well above 100,000. The numbers get progressively worse through the year.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-brand/

Stellantis is selling 300% more Jeeps than they are Dodge vehicles.

Consider that 20,478 number included minivans, SUVs, Challengers and Chargers. This supports my friend's claim that Dodge really doesn't sell enough vehicles to make it worthwhile. Most of those models have a low profit margin. I also hope they don't sell out to the Chinese, but I wouldn't be surprised if Stellantis killed Dodge and Plymouth just like GM killed Pontiac, Saturn and Oldsmobile. Trucks and SUVs are where the profit is and Stellantis can sell trucks under the RAM badge and SUVs under the Jeep badge.
I'm not disputing what your saying...I'm saying how awesome is it to see a vehicle like a charger or Challenger running around town! Especially compared to anything those other 3 make! Excluding the Ford GT!

Stellantis could've sent the Wagoneer to Mexico, but didn't. Enjoyed the conversation!

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
ā€Isolatingā€ and highlighting a brand is typically a brand management strategy to increase share value (stock price). The thinking then is that the market is not rewarding Stellantis for the true value of the Jeep brand/franchise, so letā€™s make it easier for people to see how valuable it really is, and what we could get if we wanted to sell it or spin it off. Itā€™s less of an exercise to boost sales, more one of getting credit for the franchise they already have.

VW is very good example with Porsche. VW is positioning Porsche for a (partial) spinoff through IPO later this year. I read that Porsche alone could end up being be valued at 80% or so of VWā€™s TOTAL market value today. Every auto manufacturer has to be thinking of similar strategies to raise capital for the shift to electrification.
That would admittedly make me a little sad, if VW and Porsche split. They have such an interwined and intricately linked history since the beginning. Ferdinand Porsche designed the first VW, of course. Without VW, there would be no Porsche, and vice versa. Also, the Porsche/Piech family are the largest shareholders of VW group. I'm a VW fan since a very early age, though.

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
One other thing about ordering on-line for the best deal...Dealerships really treat you better for service if you bought from their dealership. Only in the cases where someone bought a car where they used to live then moved far away from the original dealership does a dealership do the little extras so that they can keep you as a service customer. Service is where dealerships make the most money, not sales.
I've heard a lot of folks say this but I don't think I've ever experienced it at any service department. How would they even know if you just moved to town or not?

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
That would admittedly make me a little sad, if VW and Porsche split. They have such an interwined and intricately linked history since the beginning. Ferdinand Porsche designed the first VW, of course. Without VW, there would be no Porsche, and vice versa. Also, the Porsche/Piech family are the largest shareholders of VW group. I'm a VW fan since a very early age, though.
Audi and Porsche are really intertwined now also.

Sponsored

UnforseenWeather

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave
Occupation
Creative Guy
It can still be staffed by ā€¦ less than helpful folksā€¦ I test drove a Gladiator at that very dealership, the initial sales guy was great, the trade in guy was less than good. I did not buy a truck there.

Itā€™s a great concept that definitely needs to be expanded upon. I would love a good test hill/track but know thatā€™s not always possible. Jeeps would sell themselves (as if they donā€™t already) If you got to drive them on a good track that showcased capabilities.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Audi has always been Volkswagen's luxury brand. Volkswagen also owns Lamborghini, Bentley, Porsche and Ducati.
and Bugatti and Skoda , Seat, etc. I used to work for an Audi dealerā€¦

Btw, even though they are all under the VW AG umbrella, Audi technically owns Lamborghini and Ducati.

The Bean

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S (Sold)
I've heard a lot of folks say this but I don't think I've ever experienced it at any service department. How would they even know if you just moved to town or not?
Yeah I can say Iā€™ve never experienced this. Iā€™ve had 3x the quality of service at the dealer I go to when I moved versus the last 3 CJDR dealers I worked with, 2 of which I bought a vehicle at that specific dealer. Getting good service or sales experiences all comes down to the individual dealer. For instance, I dropped my JT off a few weeks ago to have the rear window replaced at 7am. They had barely just opened and they donā€™t start shuttles till 7:30 and rentals till 8. So instead, the Fixed Operations Director gave me a ride to work in his personal truck. Iā€™ve never experienced that level of service at the three prior dealers Iā€™ve dealt with. Last time I had that was years ago when I had my Mazda.
Sponsored