Sponsored

Did something Crazy last Friday

Alligatorgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
The 10 speed will learn your habits, that’s what it’s doing with lower mileage. I’m trading my 2018 F-150 in on my Mojave 6 speed Saturday!! Mines a 5.0 with 3.73 gears and it’s amazingly fast. 21.5 mpg in the warm weather is nice as well! You’ll love the Ford. I just got bored with not shifting gears, and it’s so good it has no soul😂. Boat launches will be tougher now, but day to day the Mojave will be more fun!
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Pic of the new truck and one of the Jeep after I turned over the keys

14267FF2-58A3-441F-A129-6E06CA750372.jpeg

881381DB-1FFA-4816-BD3D-55B4D31D478F.jpeg
Bro I almost did the same thing last month for that exact looking truck down to the wheels. That color is so freaking deep its sick! Such a versatile rig. Honestly I think the F150 Hybrid with the onboard power and heavier payload and tow package is the be potential overland rig made today. So much functionality from the facoty.

You gotta do what you gotta do happy trails and throw some waves to the jeepers, only the assholes don't wave back at other brands!

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
Seriously??!!??
Yep it was so close they stamped my title on my trade in and then I couldn’t trade it in on the gladiator cause it was during covid and I had to wait forever for a new title. why wife even said u don’t want this go get a gladiator.the best decision I ever made.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep it was so close they stamped my title on my trade in and then I couldn’t trade it in on the gladiator cause it was during covid and I had to wait forever for a new title. why wife even said u don’t want this go get a gladiator.the best decision I ever made.
I was talking about calling a F150 a mall crawler. Its the furthest thing from a mall crawler. It doesn't pretend even a little to be an off-road vehicle.

Sponsored

Swartz2017

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Durango, 2016 Cherokee 75th
Strange enough, last Monday (a week ago) we went almost the other way. Traded my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie in for $1k over what I paid 33k miles ago.
picked up a Freedom Edition Gladiator to pair with my 2018 JLU Sport (for the time being- wife has her heart set on a new GC 4xe once released).
yes it’s smaller, but it’s just so much fun!

OP
OP
ATLalien

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Bro I almost did the same thing last month for that exact looking truck down to the wheels. That color is so freaking deep its sick! Such a versatile rig. Honestly I think the F150 Hybrid with the onboard power and heavier payload and tow package is the be potential overland rig made today. So much functionality from the facoty.

You gotta do what you gotta do happy trails and throw some waves to the jeepers, only the assholes don't wave back at other brands!
Thanks! I do plan on doing some camping with it and will be taking it off road some too. Nothing crazy, mostly just Forest Service roads, and fairly easy trails to access fishing and camping spots. that's about all I did with the Gladiator too, with a couple of notable exceptions.

Break over and departure angles are pretty similar to the Gladiator, but the approach angle is much worse. Will likely do some sort of lift down the road to help with that.

KansasJL

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks! I do plan on doing some camping with it and will be taking it off road some too. Nothing crazy, mostly just Forest Service roads, and fairly easy trails to access fishing and camping spots. that's about all I did with the Gladiator too, with a couple of notable exceptions.

Break over and departure angles are pretty similar to the Gladiator, but the approach angle is much worse. Will likely do some sort of lift down the road to help with that.
I had a 17 ecoboost and I put the Bilstein leveling struts on there. Looked super sharp and rode a more like a truck instead of a car. It sat up just about as high as my 19 JLUR I traded it in on after a 2.5 lift and 37’s. I was able to slap a pair of nitto’s that were just about a 35 with no inroad rubbing. I never tried to do much with it off-road because I still had my trusty 99 TJ. I still miss that truck some days.

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata

😂 “a couple of notable exceptions.”

It’s good to have the best vehicle for your needs and it sounds like ya did. A bit of lift will enable more “notable exceptions” in your future!
Sponsored