Sponsored

Am I crazy for debating trading my gladiator for a TRX?

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Sorry about that... 🤭 I knew I shouldn't have written a response but I couldn't help it. 🤷‍♂️
No apologies necessary, my good man…you’re way good to go on your post. In fact, most people in this country should really listen to a finance/retirement savings seminar—the vast majority of people are living check-to-check without a nickel in back-up/emergency funds.

I posted the sleepy emogee because it’s: 1) Saturday morning… and, 2) the money discussion is too much ”adult thinking required” for me on a Saturday morning. Milton fcukin Friedman hisself could have wrote what you did…and Ida dropped the same thing on him, too. Lol.

Carry on, amigo…and keep the Jeep with the leaky axle side down!!

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Financially you are right. You finance at a lower rate than you make in other investments then you come out ahead, no brainer. Whether or not the asset is depreciating is irrelevant because if you paid cash for it, it's still depreciating either way.

Buuuut it depends on your risk tolerance. Also it's hard to know when you are at the top of the market and when a correction will happen. (hint: when the guy at subway or in a jeep forum is telling you how to invest it's at the top of the market) I'm pretty sure no one bought their gladiator because it was a savvy investment. (unless some off road business or something) We bought it because it's a toy. So for me I chose to pay my gladiator off because I enjoy it more knowing I don't have a truck payment. I feel good getting in my truck knowing I own it and it doesn't own me. I hated looking at my truck and thinking this is costing me $1000+ (or however much) a month. When its paid off it feels like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. I feel like I can actually go to Moab in it and if I break something then I would think ”well that's about what I would spend on a months payment if I hadn't paid it off.” I feel like I can buy that expensive mod I've always wanted etc. It allows me to enjoy my toy more. To each their own.

Also you can't always guarantee you will make money in the stock market. When it has a correction (which is happening at the time of this post) then all you did is invest at the top of the market only for it to correct and lose money aaaaand still have a huge car payment. While the one who paid it off can take what they would have spent on a payment and dollar cost average in the market over the next however many years with much less risk.

Sorry to hijack this thread with a finance discussion. Lol
I wonder how the stock market is 😬

Sponsored

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
I see the OP hasn't been on since May, 2022.

I'm curious if he did go the TRX route, or if anyone has.

I'm really tempted as I have a buyer for my Jeep well over what I can get for a trade in.

OP
OP
PunknJLBlackJT

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
I see the OP hasn't been on since May, 2022.

I'm curious if he did go the TRX route, or if anyone has.

I'm really tempted as I have a buyer for my Jeep well over what I can get for a trade in.
Still have the Gladiator, but I do partially kick myself for not ordering a TRX sometimes when I see the prices now. Ended getting the wife a Wagoneer instead for a full-size.

BigKillaTDogg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Blue
Occupation
Sales
I wonder how the stock market is 😬
Yeah I wonder how that "pretty easy to get 20%" in the stock market comment is doing... LOL I wish I would have taken my own advice and cashed everything out back then. Oh well, at least my Jeep is paid off. :)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I wonder how that "pretty easy to get 20%" in the stock market comment is doing... LOL I wish I would have taken my own advice and cashed everything out back then. Oh well, at least my Jeep is paid off. :)
It is easy - but you have to think long-term, a problem few people on the internet or forums can do.
You just ride out the storms.
I ignored the internet experts and ended up being able to retire at 60
It's killing us now - lost 20% - but if it does like it always has, it will be back up before I die.
And I always have the option of taking SS if necessary.
My wife has a high school education, no college, worked as a secretary and administrative assistant her whole life and retired fine at 57.

But everyone on the internet is a financial expert - just ask 'em.

OP
OP
PunknJLBlackJT

PunknJLBlackJT

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon and 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Estimator for Pharma facilities
Vehicle Showcase
Well I finally did it this weekend. Traded the gladiator in on a TRX.
Jeep Gladiator Am I crazy for debating trading my gladiator for a TRX? 9376FA4A-7DB9-461A-8B95-A5F362DB58C9
Jeep Gladiator Am I crazy for debating trading my gladiator for a TRX? 0AB13B95-0C04-45C8-BB86-6AA3252CD8FB
Sponsored

Reactions: Mac