First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I haven't put a tank of gas in the JT since April, when we got a Tesla Model 3. I never want to drive an ordinary vehicle again. I have a loaded Launch Edition, and yet, the Tesla is still nicer to drive. Part is the electric itself, which...once you get used to that, you never want to deal with ICE again. And part is the self driving and all of those features that make trips so much more relaxing. I didn't think it would do much more than the adaptive cruise, but I was wrong, it does.

Also once the CT launches the rest of you can rest easy knowing that now you only have the SECOND ugliest truck ever made. I've also owned a Pacer, so I know ugly cars. If only I had owned an Aztek, then I could claim to have owned all four of the most ugly vehicles in history.

Bring it haters!

Jeep Gladiator I'll be trading my Gladiator for a Cyber Truck the split second I can 1627320213152
Sponsored

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Actually I'm thinking about putting it up for sale now at a stupid price, based on the crazy pricing for cars these days. So if someone pays, fine, I'll deal with not having an offroad toy for a while. Maybe put it up for $60k firm, no negotiating? I paid a bit under that OTD, and sticker was $62k.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
The Rivian is pretty damn ugly. Maybe you should trade in your JT on one of those?!?! Then you can say you've owned 2 out of 3 of the ugliest trucks.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Truck guys and car guys have different needs. There isn't an electric truck with a 500+ mile range while towing that you can "fill" in 5 minutes on any street corner in America and there won't be for a LONG time.

Long live the diesel engine!

jbehrn

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Until Tesla provides updates on how it’ll behave in crash tests I’m not convinced it’ll see road use in its current form.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Until Tesla provides updates on how it’ll behave in crash tests I’m not convinced it’ll see road use in its current form.
Ehhh just take a hammer to it and watch it shatter! The whole truck not just the window. :giggle: :CWL:

Painkillerspe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I had a reservation on the f150 lightning but cancelled it since the trim I wanted was going to be north of 80,000. If I wasn't towing or camping with my truck I would consider it.

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
Truck guys and car guys have different needs. There isn't an electric truck with a 500+ mile range while towing that you can "fill" in 5 minutes on any street corner in America and there won't be for a LONG time.

Long live the diesel engine!
As a truck guy, I look forward to getting rid of the diesel problems and still having the capabilities of one. 500+ mile range (my bladder is more like 250), and charges faster than the piss/drink/food stop takes. I've already done some electric road trips, there's just no penalty.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Jeep Gladiator I'll be trading my Gladiator for a Cyber Truck the split second I can 1627321805403

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwampNut

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Geek
If I wasn't towing or camping with my truck I would consider it.
The Lightning is a bad joke built by clueless idiots, but it will sell to trend-humping fashion lemmings who need their trucks to match the other dudes. Towing and camping are two reasons I'm really looking forward to the CT; enough power output to run anything without a generator, and much much much better at towing than the Gladiator. The Gladiator replaced a JKUR which really sucked for towing, and it's much better. But 10 MPG with a travel trailer? WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.