First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave, 22 NX350 F-Sport
Occupation
Commercial HVAC
There was some hyperbole in his opening post... the Mojave has only been available for 1 year, so thats 1 year of "depreciation" not 2.
Good Catch! Thanks .. Now for some Monday morning humor as I read through the posts on this thread lol ..
Sponsored

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Congrats to the OP, the TRX is a SICK truck...if you don't get that, I don't know what to tell you.

I had a lightly modified SRT-10 Quad Cab (RWD) years ago, AKA "Viper Truck"...it didn't have near the HP the TRX does and with monster (stock) 22s on low profile tires I couldn't keep in it a straight line if there was rain in the forecast!

That being said I looked at both the TRX and Raptor before buying my Mojave. I actually live in the exact environment the Mojave was designed for and even better, I actually USE my Mojave in the environment it was designed for and it's not for desert racing, it's desert rated; there's a difference. Since the vast majority of my mileage is spent off-road and easily 1500 of the 1800 miles I have on it now was spent in the environment, I can tell you with absolute certainty that my Mojave can go places that a TRX/Raptor can't, period.

In SW AZ there's no shortage of wide open desert road with whoops that will most definitely tax your suspension, and while the TRX/Raptor would stomp a Mojave's guts out in those specific conditions/roads, that's a fraction of the desert off road/"Jeep" trails that I frequent.

For me the cost wasn't an issue, it was being able to go to the same places I've been enjoying for years with my '17 JKUR and the Mojave does that where the TRX/Raptor can't...

And when I do want to go REALLY fast AND go places the TRX/Raptor can't and the Mojave can, I can always drive this:

JMns3B7h.jpg

...just like I did yesterday after hammering on my Mojave on Saturday.

I don't see the diesel in the Mojave's future due to the extreme weight increase but I think the 392 is a definite possibility. With that being said and my powertrain warranty in the rear view mirror at some point there's no shortage of RELIABLE supercharger kits that I'm considering that put the 3.6 easily on par with a Hemi swap, but the 3.6/8-speed A/T is getting it done for me in the interim...

OP
OP

MoparToYou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I here what you are saying Peter. I have held off on buying a Raptor for years, for those exact reasons (and because it was a Ford). The TRX is too much to resist though, and I plan on keeping what I consider to be the last of a dying breed for the rest of my life, before the era of the big V8 is gone forever. At my age, my son can sell it on Barret-Jackson after I'm dead and gone if he wants to. My wife did the same sort of thing in 2020. We bought her a Dodge Challenger RT in her favorite color. It has always been her dream car that she wants to keep forever. Now it is my turn to buy my dream machine that I keep forever.

Here is my current go fast machine, for when I really want to go fast, or for when I want to run Pritchett Canyon in Moab, or other rock crawling trails.
Jeep Gladiator Traded my Mojave on a TRX Today. 5-8-21 6

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Egg Zachary! That RC is like a pissed-off bighorn sheep and can claw it's way up practically anything NO sweat! /end thread!

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
That trade in value is insane $$$ ... Basically drove it for free for 2 years ... Pics of the TRX 🙏
I had planned on keeping the JT but took advantage of the times. It will end soon and things will be back to normal. I do plan on getting another JT once it gets the V8. At this particular time the stars lined up and i took advantage, i will be back with another JT.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I'll gladly take an electric truck over a bigger gas guzzler. I'm going to sit on my Max Tow until there is a hybrid or full electric version of a Mojave, then i'm upgrading to that vehicle.
Where are you going to charge it? The GM Hummer has a HWY range of 300 miles cut that in half if off roading. I was on the list to buy one until i had a heart to heart talk with one of the GM techs. On paper everything looks cool but that is not the real world.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Where are you going to charge it? The GM Hummer has a HWY range of 300 miles cut that in half if off roading. I was on the list to buy one until i had a heart to heart talk with one of the GM techs. On paper everything looks cool but that is not the real world.
Well, for me I don't do a ton of offroading... but also, Jeep is reportedly putting in chargers at trailheads as well.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
That is my point except the resale, good luck with that. Agin if you can afford it and it is how you “invest”... vehicles I don’t consider a monetary investment... they are most typically a depreciating asset, especially if you are going to drive and Enjoy. I drive and enjoy.
I always feel good about my investment with my Jeep’s. They seem to hold their value even when other cars aren’t. As for the Ram trucks, they aren’t as popular as Jeep’s in the used market but I bet one with a hellcat will be.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I here what you are saying Peter. I have held off on buying a Raptor for years, for those exact reasons (and because it was a Ford). The TRX is too much to resist though, and I plan on keeping what I consider to be the last of a dying breed for the rest of my life, before the era of the big V8 is gone forever. At my age, my son can sell it on Barret-Jackson after I'm dead and gone if he wants to. My wife did the same sort of thing in 2020. We bought her a Dodge Challenger RT in her favorite color. It has always been her dream car that she wants to keep forever. Now it is my turn to buy my dream machine that I keep forever.

Here is my current go fast machine, for when I really want to go fast, or for when I want to run Pritchett Canyon in Moab, or other rock crawling trails.
Another friend of mine just bought this exact beast. Holy shit. Ridiculous fun.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Yes, you are right!
I love the sound and feel of a V8, no doubt. I am going to purchase a convertible mustang GT or if I find the right one... almost had it, Red convertible low mileage Snake... I will buy soon.

The wrangler 392 is just plain awesome and a gift for us from Jeep engineers... hope it’s in the JT soon but if not, we’ll there is always aftermarket.

If that’s what you are going for, the golden age of the V8 to keep in the garage to enjoy that lusty throaty sound, do it. I wouldn’t buy for resale.

Nice Shelby...........
Sponsored