Sponsored

TRX

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
There's a lot of people in this thread that haven't piloted a vehicle with 700 hp. With 35s. With a warranty.

I mean, let's take a step back. Look at what is contained here. That amount of power eclipses almost every single supercar (Ferrari, Lambo, etc) ever built since the beginning of automobiles-- ever. Every muscle car from the 60s is less than half of this power. Maybe a third. And that engine is then put in a vehicle that (my opinion) is perhaps the most handsome and most well engineered truck chassis of all time. The interior is considered by most reviewers to be among the best of all time. It can tow and haul as well. It can then transfer that massive energy to 4 wheels, the movement of which is designed to adapt to any terrain.

I can't afford it. But for the price, it's a fantastic bargain, all things being equal. And it takes brass balls for an OEM to bring this to market. It embodies American excess, and makes me proud to live in a day and age where this is available to consumers.

God bless these United States, and these veritable weapons of war rolling off assembly lines. This punch to the face of physics is not German, Japanese, French, British, Korean. It is a red blooded, Red-White-Blue monument to what we CAN do, not what we should do.

Chevrolet produced a "Blazer" crossover. FCA does this. We're playing for the right team, boys/girls.
Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
There's a lot of people in this thread that haven't piloted a vehicle with 700 hp. With 35s. With a warranty.

I mean, let's take a step back. Look at what is contained here. That amount of power eclipses almost every single supercar (Ferrari, Lambo, etc) ever built since the beginning of automobiles-- ever. Every muscle car from the 60s is less than half of this power. Maybe a third. And that engine is then put in a vehicle that (my opinion) is perhaps the most handsome and most well engineered truck chassis of all time. The interior is considered by most reviewers to be among the best of all time. It can tow and haul as well. It can then transfer that massive energy to 4 wheels, the movement of which is designed to adapt to any terrain.

I can't afford it. But for the price, it's a fantastic bargain, all things being equal. And it takes brass balls for an OEM to bring this to market. It embodies American excess, and makes me proud to live in a day and age where this is available to consumers.

God bless these United States, and these veritable weapons of war rolling off assembly lines. This punch to the face of physics is not German, Japanese, French, British, Korean. It is a red blooded, Red-White-Blue monument to what we CAN do, not what we should do.

Chevrolet produced a "Blazer" crossover. FCA does this. We're playing for the right team, boys/girls.
You're not wrong.

I'm wondering how many of these trucks RAM expects to sell. Will they crank out as many as necessary to meet demand? Or, will it be a extremely limited edition truck just to boost the RAM brand?

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Having driven an H2 offroad extensively, and being aware that the Raptor is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than an H2, I wouldn't drive on trails either!!! I'm so pleased with how tidy the Gladiator is, I have to laugh a bit when complaints arise because of its OVER-sized nature.

The TRX is cool, the Raptor is cool, I'm glad people buy them. Like a Challenger Wildcat or a GT500, just not my cup of tea, so glad they are in the world though!

In Colorado Springs there are Ford Raptors all over the place. Most of them are owned by senior-enlisted or officers. (Lots of military here.) Yet, when I drive on trails, I never see any Raptors. Looking at them on the street, it appears they never leave the pavement.

Yes, this is purely anecdotal. But based on my observations, people who buy a Raptor, and likely people who will buy a TRX, just want a truck that's powerful and cool. The off-road capabilities aren't even a factor.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Not sure I'm following. At least with the Gladiator and Wrangler you can get a nice discount that make them comparable to others in the segment. There's no way anyone is getting a TRX without a markup for the first year or two unless you've bought enough vehicles to be on a first-name basis with the dealership owner.

The TRX is a purpose-built off-road toy that is comparable to a Raptor in specs with a lot more horsepower. Both suck for truck stuff but the difference is that the Raptor isn't priced in Super Duty Platinum diesel territory. It's not even remotely the most expensive F-150.
When the Gladiator first launched and orders opened in April 2019, only loaded out Launch Editions were being market for the first sales and the first custom orders being delivered were Rubicons with order restraints that caused people to buy into higher options than they wanted.

People bitch and made the same complaints that the Gladiator over the Wrangler JL was pushing base pricing into a new higher price normal. Then there was dealer adjust premium pricing added on on top of that for a few months.

The TRX will be no different. As with the Gladiator, FCA knows the profit money is on high end model markets and not catering to any value shopper looking for more reasonable priced version of it.

Most people that can afford, buy what they want, not what they actually need from a value sense proposition. TRX like the Gladiator will be more of a lifestyle vehicle regardless of other trucks being a better utilitarian value.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Having driven an H2 offroad extensively, and being aware that the Raptor is SIGNIFICANTLY bigger than an H2, I wouldn't drive on trails either!!! I'm so pleased with how tidy the Gladiator is, I have to laugh a bit when complaints arise because of its OVER-sized nature.

The TRX is cool, the Raptor is cool, I'm glad people buy them. Like a Challenger Wildcat or a GT500, just not my cup of tea, so glad they are in the world though!
One of the guys in my Mustang club just picked up a new GT500. Sheesh, that thing is like a space ship with wheels! It's cool, but I couldn't even use 700+ horsepower on a track.

OP
OP
SoCalGlad

SoCalGlad

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Race Driving Instructor +
This is going to be fun! Here are some things I found on the web. They were going to sell 702 Launch Editions. I'm sure the majority went to dealers.

Predator is the code name for the supercharged 5.2-liter V8 found in the
Shelby GT500, and Ford Authority claims it’ll find its way into the Raptor as a way of fighting Ram’s new Hellcat-powered TRX...."Bring it on FOMOCO"

When it comes to special edition, limited-run supercharged pickup trucks, however, things are a little different. Despite being the most expensive half-ton pickup priced at a wallet-worrying $92,010, the 2021 Ram 1500 TRX Launch Edition completely sold out a mere three hours after reservations opened this past Tuesday.

I for one always have "the need...the need for speed" nothing I own is stock except the JT so to say I'm not interested would be a stretch, but I got my JT to slow down a bit and try my hand at off roading since I've pretty much done it all with my background in racing so we'll see. As I take my calm down meds! AND I always wanted a Rubicon and still needed a truck so...
Sponsored