First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Thanks for the replies everyone, both good and bad. I am into offroading, which some of you have questioned. I competed in desert racing off and on for thirty years, in several different motorcycle, ATV, and UTV classes, while also owning Jeeps for that entire time. I no long own dirt bikes, but I do own a number of ATVs and UTVs. I go offroading pretty much every weekend, and have done so for most of the last 45 years. The TRX will be an interesting change, and being an ex-desert racer I think I will enjoy it. I still own several other off road vehicles for the more technical and narrow trails. The TRX will be for exploring the open desert, and should be a fun daily driver.

I started this post thinking people might find it interesting that a 2020 Jeep has the exact same trade in value against a 2022 vehicle, as the Jeep was purchased for, right down to the dollar. No one even mentioned that. Used vehicle prices are crazy right now.

I've enjoyed my time on the Gladiator forum, and have talked to some great people while I've been here. Have fun folks.
I know where your coming from i also ordered a 22 TRX. Life is too short and if it does not work out in a couple of years you most likely will get what you paid for it. And hey it's just a truck and can be traded it's not like buying a home in a bad neighborhood.

We are living in the golden age of high HP cars and trucks which will end soon and the manufactures are going out with a bang. I'm taking advantage while i can.

I also am taking advantage of the used car market, my JT had a window sticker of $58,950 i paid $52, 600 OTD i sold it to a local dealer for $58,000 after driving it for two years.

Enjoy your TRX.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
And once again it still stands you guys change vehicles like underwear (LOL). Beast of a truck but way out of my price range and have no real use for most of what it can do.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
The gladiator 392 would likely be around 85k too… if not more when it comes out
I know. :facepalm: I had the 392 in an SRT Grand Cherokee and few years back. Awesome engine. I can only imagine what it would be like in a Gladiator. I'm better off with the 3.6 for too many ($$$$) reasons to even think about getting one of these if/when they come out. Now if I find I have $85K just lying around at the time, we'll see.

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I have a fast car to. And no it is NOT A KIT.

8461F760-EF59-46C2-8E48-5D214E382EC3.jpeg

54A6151E-FF6A-4F9B-88D5-09BB7A638145.jpeg

830A4A5A-5A3C-4490-83E6-A73DD3956D53.jpeg
Absolutely gorgeous. When I think of a Shelby, this is the exact car I think of, color and all. I had a '13 GT 500 years ago with the same paint scheme. There's an annual Shelby car show in Plano, TX every year. Several original Cobras like this show up every year. Most of them are in original condition (i.e. faded paint, cracked leather seats, etc.). So much history there.

Sponsored

XJADDICTION

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT SS Max Tow, 2005 WK Hemi, 2013 Mustang GT
Occupation
Surgical CSFA
From RH 67 post;

“We are living in the golden age of high HP cars and trucks which will end soon and the manufactures are going out with a bang. I'm taking advantage while i can.”

You are incorrect sir... pretty soon it will be very common for most all electric pickups to have higher torque and HP than most all ICE pickups.

For example, Rivian Pickup available now;

“The R1T is an all-new model from Rivian, and the company says it'll start delivering to customers in July 2021. It kicks off with a Launch Edition that starts at $73,000”

Rivian vehicles have more than 800 hp and more than 900 ft lbs of torque available, enabled by our quad-motor drive system.”

A single digit MPG in this economic environment and advancement in battery technology could likely make that TRX worth very little.

If you enjoy the big 8 and can afford a loss, then more power to you. I think the TRX is an awesome truck... but I think you have it wrong. The “expiring golden age of the V8 power plant ” is really just the manufactures grabbing money from your wallet... right before technology changes for the better.

jackie4082

First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Occupation
Sales Associate
UMMMMM... Who cares?....... Ok bye!

This is JeepGladiatorForum.com NOT... Hey everybody I decided to buy a different car.com

Go join their forum and tell all of them you got rid of a Gladiator. You might get several responses that just say.... "WHY....?"

leaving-facebook-group-meme.jpeg
So true, I agree

JTR178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Occupation
5-0
This isn’t an airport, there’s no need to announce your departure.
And it's not American Idol either, so there's no need to give your bullshit opinion. If you don't like it close the tab and move on with your life.

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
PI
Thought this was a Jeep forum. Bye ....

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Man, I won’t mention the conversation my wife and I had today about my Gladiator and the Bronco we have on order. If a change happens, I’ll just go quietly into the night.

C96A0470-7E48-441E-B572-BF137BC5A497.gif

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
And it's not American Idol either, so there's no need to give your bullshit opinion. If you don't like it close the tab and move on with your life.
Well, it's a forum... Opinions and viewpoints are kinda what it's for....

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
From RH 67 post;

“We are living in the golden age of high HP cars and trucks which will end soon and the manufactures are going out with a bang. I'm taking advantage while i can.”

You are incorrect sir... pretty soon it will be very common for most all electric pickups to have higher torque and HP than most all ICE pickups.

For example, Rivian Pickup available now;

“The R1T is an all-new model from Rivian, and the company says it'll start delivering to customers in July 2021. It kicks off with a Launch Edition that starts at $73,000”

Rivian vehicles have more than 800 hp and more than 900 ft lbs of torque available, enabled by our quad-motor drive system.”

A single digit MPG in this economic environment and advancement in battery technology could likely make that TRX worth very little.

If you enjoy the big 8 and can afford a loss, then more power to you. I think the TRX is an awesome truck... but I think you have it wrong. The “expiring golden age of the V8 power plant ” is really just the manufactures grabbing money from your wallet... right before technology changes for the better.
Just my opinion, but I think you’re both right and wrong here. There’s no question that when adequately developed, a properly set up electric drivetrain will blow the doors off most any ICE setup.
But, for decades, there will still be enthusiasts who will still love a fire breathing V 8. I’m all for electrification, I hope it becomes all it can be. It will do many positive things, one of which is take pressure off said fire breathing V8s which are targeted by some now for extinction. We enthusiasts who love such powerplants make up what, maybe a tenth of a percent of the general car buying public? The rest want reliable appliances and I think that’s GREAT. When 99% of cars on the road are electric, no one will give a rats ass about the emissions coming from the few enthusiasts ICE vehicles left on the road. Gas will be available for decades also, and when demand shrinks, price may drop as well, so we’ll still be able to drive our cars. I’d buy a TRX if I wanted it, not for resale value but to enjoy it, but I’ll bet you real money that they hold their value pretty well for a long time to come. Just my opinion, so time will tell. But don’t count out good V8s just yet ;) The myriad of uninspiring and wheezing turboed 6s and 4s, sure. But a well sorted normally aspirated or supercharged V8? Nah. There’ll be demand for those for a long time yet.

Willpower1

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2021 Challenger Hellcat Widebody
Occupation
Physical Therapist
Damn this thread brought out some hate in all directions. I dont get it. The guy‘s leaving the forum because he bought a different truck. Who cares?! He didn‘t sneak into anyone’s house here and piss in their cereal, or steal their first born to sell into human trafficking. Ease up people. He bought a TRX. It‘s a cool truck too. Be happy for the guy if he’s getting what he wants and move on. FFS.

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
very happy for you. Not sure why you couldn't have both, but still happy for you. I could not give up all the Jeep people and the jeeping in the jeep communities I've had the pleasure of making new memories with to only have a truck. But I get it, garages are only so big on some houses, and I'm sure you have a lot of work things planned for that new work truck. Drive on, and safe travels to you. I love my 2021 Ram diesel 2500 for work stuff to, it just doesn't "jeep" like a gladiator.
Sponsored