Test Drove a 2.0L Hard Top Rubicon JL today

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Well, you all might want to think outside the fiberglass box. Do not add anything like what has been discussed such as external cages, as these add noise, rattle, and whistle. Good luck with noise cancelling inside a fiberglass shell without thoughtfully adorned roof carpet such as:

61-1988-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-interior-headliner.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Well, you all might want to think outside the fiberglass box. Do not add anything like what has been discussed such as external cages, as these add noise, rattle, and whistle. Good luck with noise cancelling inside a fiberglass shell without thoughtfully adorned roof carpet such as:

That looks pretty! Maybe the sound assassin guys can come up with something like this.

Chukronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
My JK never had that fluttering noise. Wind noise? yes. Our Tahoe gets the fluttering noise if one of the back windows is slightly open. I can't stand that noise. Drives me up a wall.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Remember wd-40 on the rubbers once they dry, and dust removal important to get rid of the whistles

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel

Plaid and Plywood …… good combo

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Plaid and Plywood …… good combo
Now I get to put my money where my mouth is. Resto has no headliner. So I put one of those windshield blockers up there, itself with insulation, and makes me wonder if that would noise block on a JT the way it does on does on my vintage Gladiator.

13579.20_installed1.jpg

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Now I get to put my money where my mouth is. Resto has no headliner. So I put one of those windshield blockers up there, itself with insulation, and makes me wonder if that would noise block on a JT the way it does on does on my vintage Gladiator.

13579.20_installed1.jpg
Something tells me no

Aljeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
The stuff I'm reading at jl forum is that jks didn't have this buffering helicopter effect. Something about the jl freedom panels causing the buffeting.
Nah, can confirm JK hardtop buffeting/reverberation right now. Seems to coincide with the seals not aligned quite right. There's a correlation between times when my freedom panels leak while braking and the buffeting. I think it's the airflow from rear forward that causes the situation. Just clean up the rubber seals and align correctly then it should stop.

Remember wd-40 on the rubbers once they dry, and dust removal important to get rid of the whistles
Would not recommend wd40
Sponsored