Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
1. The electricity will come from a combination of wind power, solar power, hydroelectric power and natural gas power; all much, much cleaner than coal and cleaner than millions upon millions of ICE engines running all over the planet
Wind power has many issues and lots of states and local governments want it banned. Hydroelectric relies on consistent weather patterns, and we know that's an unsafe bet. Solar and coal are simply the best options. And coal is heavily preferred because it's dependable and AFFORDABLE.
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
my ears were burning haha

i can’t say any else and this tech is 5 years out but I just got out of a conference call where printed films with hydrogen occupied a lot of the time. Sounds way better than batteries for scaled energy production.

i get excite all the time because life is starting to mimic what i used to mimic “the future” i pictured as a child

Larry D

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order
I got the wife a Rubicon diesel back in February. Really liked it myself so I ordered a diesel sport. I noticed when I added the diesel it gave me the limited slip trac loc at no extra cost. But if it was gas I would have to pay a extra 595 for the limited slip. So depending on trim I guess adding the diesel could only be an extra 3400 instead of 4000. Of course that is if you were adding the limited slip and an automatic transmission.

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
1. The electricity will come from a combination of wind power, solar power, hydroelectric power and natural gas power; all much, much cleaner than coal and cleaner than millions upon millions of ICE engines running all over the planet

2. Batteries are manufactured domestically and all over the world. Don't believe the Internet memes about all the strip mining for lithium. That's bogus. Mining for batteries does have an impact. But so does drilling for oil, refining oil and transporting gasoline

3. Batteries can be recycled. Again, there is some impact, but it's not as much impact as burning petroleum and changing motor oil

Electric vehicle technology isn't perfect, but it is pretty good and it's getting better all the time.
You haven’t researched this much have you? You just gave me all the marketing answers.

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
You haven’t researched this much have you? You just gave me all the marketing answers.
Yes, I have researched. What specifically are you saying is wrong and why? Please do not simply quote oil company memes. If you have factual information, I'm happy to hear it.
Sponsored