First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Taco
Occupation
Engineer
I found I too easily hit the PANIC button with the normal fob and AJT fob, so I just removed the button. It has a small metal retainer holding the black button in, then a flat spring (or two) inside. Keep them if you ever want to reassemble.

Jeep Gladiator Disable PANIC and more shenanigans with AJT Fob Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.45.40 PM

Jeep Gladiator Disable PANIC and more shenanigans with AJT Fob Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.42.57 PM

Jeep Gladiator Disable PANIC and more shenanigans with AJT Fob Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.40.47 PM

I tested, and I was able to reassemble just fine (I do have steady hands though...)

Also, I wanted to have the key available for locking the glove box, and the thick ring on it was annoying.
So after removing the thick ring from the key, I cut part of the metal spring insert on a wire-nut to make a key ring for it, and drilled a small hole:

Jeep Gladiator Disable PANIC and more shenanigans with AJT Fob Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 12.55.42 PM

I tried hard to resist getting the AJT fob ... but it really does feel a lot better in the hand.
Sponsored

Last edited: