Sponsored

More Dog Friendly

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
I go to pick up my Gladiator Monday and need to take out the underseat divider so my Service dog has room to sit. What tools do I need to remove them?
The toolkit that comes with the Jeep for removing the top and doors has the tool you'll need to remove the box.
Sponsored

Sponsored

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Working on making the new Jeep more dog friendly. I have a 1 year old and a 9 year old Aussie. They love rides and I'm not in the least bit worried about the younger one, but the rear door isn't wide enough for his ramp that helps him get in and out without hard jumps Might work with removing the limiting straps.

For now, I have two schools of thought. First is what I'm working with now by pulling the underseat storage and making the floor as flat as possible. That leaves the standoffs to cover with a folded blanket but is otherwise flat. They ride pretty low that way so the second idea is one of those dog hammocks for the seat. It would get them up higher so they could see out but they look out, but they look like one of those things that looks like a great idea but is not even close in reality. Anyone use one in a JK or JL and have any input? Thanks.

Pics for reference.

81zfgpoAZDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20190621_114828.jpg
Here is what I built .. thought about removing the underseat storage but decided to build on top of it

33A5BC2C-A51C-460D-A029-F9A0A2360E89.jpeg

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Working on making the new Jeep more dog friendly. I have a 1 year old and a 9 year old Aussie. They love rides and I'm not in the least bit worried about the younger one, but the rear door isn't wide enough for his ramp that helps him get in and out without hard jumps Might work with removing the limiting straps.

For now, I have two schools of thought. First is what I'm working with now by pulling the underseat storage and making the floor as flat as possible. That leaves the standoffs to cover with a folded blanket but is otherwise flat. They ride pretty low that way so the second idea is one of those dog hammocks for the seat. It would get them up higher so they could see out but they look out, but they look like one of those things that looks like a great idea but is not even close in reality. Anyone use one in a JK or JL and have any input? Thanks.

Pics for reference.

81zfgpoAZDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

20190621_114828.jpg
One of the items on my to do list is to remove the seat partition thing so our dog won't try and jump too far up or down, like he tries to do with our Envoy and he is getting too old, we already had to spend 3 grand on a rear leg tendon problem from him trying to chase a squirrel.

STINGRAY92

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Just wanted to share my setup for my two ACDs.

Seat protector, door sil guards, front seat rear cover, and center console cover should ensure no wear and tear from my dogs. If only I could get them to stop jumping in the front seat when I get out.

Took them on a two hour drive and they seem to approve!

66B33CF6-8DB1-4C18-A106-184DC6AACDE5.jpeg

A2691157-935B-4394-93EB-249BC9EB1443.jpeg

F6163DFA-C91C-49F5-84A6-7369B677264E.jpeg

49A55AB1-BB42-43B2-986B-9F3BDC7716AC.jpeg

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Just wanted to share my setup for my two ACDs.

Seat protector, door sil guards, front seat rear cover, and center console cover should ensure no wear and tear from my dogs. If only I could get them to stop jumping in the front seat when I get out.

Took them on a two hour drive and they seem to approve!

66B33CF6-8DB1-4C18-A106-184DC6AACDE5.jpeg

A2691157-935B-4394-93EB-249BC9EB1443.jpeg

F6163DFA-C91C-49F5-84A6-7369B677264E.jpeg

49A55AB1-BB42-43B2-986B-9F3BDC7716AC.jpeg
Nice! Where did you get these?

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have a Rot pup, and two kids in car seats, so this definitely isn't a car for the whole crew, which honestly I'm ok with, love the dog but she can ride in the wife's car LOL. Right now she can ride on the passengers lap, but that is rapidly going to change and I wouldn't consider putting her in the bed.

Sponsored

STINGRAY92

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Nice! Where did you get these?
All through Amazon! The seat cover is a hammock that ticks underneath the seats. Holds in really well. Links are below.

QUBC Center Console Cover for Jeep JL Console Cover Jeep Accessories Jeep Armrest Cover with Bagless for All 2018 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL with Dog Paw Paws Logo (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4FQ16X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_U6XPDbSWWF3DN

Viaviat Car Kick Mats 2 Pack Extra Large Seat Protector Durable Water Resistant Auto Seat Back Covers with 2 Mesh Pockets Protection Against Dust Mud Scratches (Black, 2-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TGBLCQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_j7XPDbQPHRNEF

4Knines Dog Car Door Cover for Cars, Trucks and SUVs - USA Based Company - Two Door Guards (One for Each Side) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBUQUYT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L7XPDbZET3P80

4Knines Dog Seat Cover with Hammock for Fold Down Rear Bench Seat 60/40 Split and Middle Seat Belt Capable - Heavy Duty - Black Regular - for Cars, SUVs, and Small Trucks - USA Based Company https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXWC08A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.7XPDbVP1RFFS

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
All through Amazon! The seat cover is a hammock that ticks underneath the seats. Holds in really well. Links are below.

QUBC Center Console Cover for Jeep JL Console Cover Jeep Accessories Jeep Armrest Cover with Bagless for All 2018 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL with Dog Paw Paws Logo (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4FQ16X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_U6XPDbSWWF3DN

Viaviat Car Kick Mats 2 Pack Extra Large Seat Protector Durable Water Resistant Auto Seat Back Covers with 2 Mesh Pockets Protection Against Dust Mud Scratches (Black, 2-Pack) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TGBLCQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_j7XPDbQPHRNEF

4Knines Dog Car Door Cover for Cars, Trucks and SUVs - USA Based Company - Two Door Guards (One for Each Side) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBUQUYT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L7XPDbZET3P80

4Knines Dog Seat Cover with Hammock for Fold Down Rear Bench Seat 60/40 Split and Middle Seat Belt Capable - Heavy Duty - Black Regular - for Cars, SUVs, and Small Trucks - USA Based Company https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UXWC08A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.7XPDbVP1RFFS
Thanks!

skl1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Camaro convertible, 1996 Jeep Cherokee, 2012 F150 CrewCab
Was reading this thread and ended up buying this:

Vailge Dog Car Seat Covers, 100% Waterproof Scratch Proof Nonslip Dog Seat Cover, 600D Heavy Duty seat Cover for Dogs, Dog car Hammock Pet Seat Cover for Back Seat car Trucks SUV

Very happy with it (one day in). It's very easy to put in and take out. The Large size (vs XL) fits the Gladiator really well. Take it off the front head rests and it lays down as a seat cover, but hang it up on the front and it protects backs of front seats. Sides zip up to protect the door skins and arm rests.
Sponsored