First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Installed the Cargo Dog a couple of days ago. I know it is quite a bit more expensive than the Goose Gear option, but the features that it comes with made it worth the extra coin for me. It took exactly one month from order date to arrival. I was at the end of a production cycle so this may not be the normal lead time.
Fits exactly right and is very secure.
@Gray Matter Jeep here are some photos.

IMG_4009.jpeg

IMG_4010.jpeg

IMG_4011.jpeg

IMG_4012.jpeg
Sponsored

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I went goose gear high platform, the cargo dog looks solid, but I don’t like how it looks installed.
‘but yeah more feature packed in some ways for Sure

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
I honestly love the setup but 1800 just seems wild to me for what it is

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I honestly love the setup but 1800 just seems wild to me for what it is
I have seen one in person and given the detail of the build, materials used and made in the USA, I can see why it costs what it does.

One would be hard pressed to try and build one at home of like quality and come in at a lower cost once ones time is accounted for.

Sponsored

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab manager
I have seen one in person and given the detail of the build, materials used and made in the USA, I can see why it costs what it does.

One would be hard pressed to try and build one at home of like quality and come in at a lower cost once ones time is accounted for.
Is it not just stamped aluminum with a USB light and hatch latches? I would be interested to know their build cost.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Is it not just stamped aluminum with a USB light and hatch latches? I would be interested to know their build cost.
I doubt we would ever know the exact number. Most companies do not come off that. Could easily guesstimate material costs to some degree but the labor cost and time to assemble would be a WAG.

That is why new product and especially USA made products have a premium. There is sunken costs in addition to actual build costs plus the actual profit that has to be factored in. That is kind of why a lot of Jeep accessory products are built in Mexico or come from China because consumers here just see it for what appears to them a simply made product and should not cost what is being asked.

OP
OP
dmwphoto

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
It was definitely worth the cost to me

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lab manager
I doubt we would ever know the exact number. Most companies do not come off that. Could easily guesstimate material costs to some degree but the labor cost and time to assemble would be a WAG.

That is why new product and especially USA made products have a premium. There is sunken costs in addition to actual build costs plus the actual profit that has to be factored in. That is kind of why a lot of Jeep accessory products are built in Mexico or come from China because consumers here just see it for what appears to them a simply made product and should not cost what is being asked.
I understand that, and I never have a problem paying higher prices for USA-made stuff. This product however to me seems like something where the majority is machine made not hand and seems like they just put the overland fad premium price on it. Which they are definitely not the only company to do so. Thats just how I see it.
Sponsored