First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Grand Cherokee, '91 3000GT VR4
Occupation
Engineer
I just picked up my gladiator and ordered a set of these to help protect the rear doors from my dog too.

https://thinskinz.com/
Those actually look pretty neat. I might consider going that route as well. Have you tried them out yet? If so how easy are they to get on and off?
Sponsored

lkosh

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Those actually look pretty neat. I might consider going that route as well. Have you tried them out yet? If so how easy are they to get on and off?
Nope, haven't tried them yet. They're supposed to arrive on Friday. But everything I've read is it's like 10-15 seconds to install so I can't imagine it would be much harder to remove.

Wncjeepguy

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek, Toyota 4runner
Occupation
Medical Field
Basically used a piece of cardboard to make a template, then cut a piece of 7/16 cabinet grade plywood to match pattern. Leaving the rear seat in normal seating position, this allows for storage underneath seat, I use the floorboard area and under seat storage for my dog stuff, a bag of tow straps, shackles etc... small soft cooler etc... The plywood is sanded smooth around edges and it fits into the crack where the rear seat and rear seat back meet, with cut outs around hinges for seats. it comes all the way out to the arm console and rear seats, leaving air lents open for rear air and heat. This is also optimal height for the Labs, just right for them to look out the windows without having to stand on their hind legs to see out from floor level. This solves the problem with the floor space (the gap from back of front seat to rear seat, the dogs have a lot more room) , I then throw one of the hammock seat covers over the rear seat backs, and lay it over the wood. Then I use a piece of fatigue matting on top of the hammock and wood, this allows the dogs a nice full flat padded area to sit and or lay. I take my Labs most everywhere, they love it and ride 3 Labs very comfortably. Can change this out to having my regular seat for people in a couple of minutes, I just slide the front seats forward to allow me to place and or remove the plywood when I need to change it, then slide seats back to normal position. If anyone wants pics and is interested please let me know, I have this same set up in a Prius and a Subaru. Very easy fix without having to do a seat delete and it makes their riding area level so they are comfortable and not sliding around while still allowing my flexibility of extra storage and quick change over to accommodating human passengers.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
somebody a while back told me about theirs in a photo i saw on here, but i didn't add it to my items to buy list.
I'm replying to an old post about the 40/60 divided, but this applies to anyone interested. I found on another thread a 'hammock' that I like a lot. Unlike those I've seen posted here, the bottom is stiff and supports the dog over the footwell. It can cover the entire seat, 60% with divider between 40% and 60%, or be turned into a box for just 40%. It also comes with a decent case to store it in when not in use. Side note, the mesh center isn't perfectly aligned with the rear vents, but air does come through the mesh into the dogs space.

https://a.co/d/5U7vagA

My wife used it today for the first time and it worked great. My daughter loves that she can see and pet the dogs without them trying to climb into her lap. Her large booster seat fits too.

IMG_4791.JPEG

IMG_4792.JPEG

IMG_4793.JPEG

IMG_4794.JPEG

IMG_4795.JPEG

IMG_4796.JPEG

IMG_4797.JPEG

Sponsored

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
I'm replying to an old post about the 40/60 divided, but this applies to anyone interested. I found on another thread a 'hammock' that I like a lot. Unlike those I've seen posted here, the bottom is stiff and supports the dog over the footwell. It can cover the entire seat, 60% with divider between 40% and 60%, or be turned into a box for just 40%. It also comes with a decent case to store it in when not in use. Side note, the mesh center isn't perfectly aligned with the rear vents, but air does come through the mesh into the dogs space.

https://a.co/d/5U7vagA

My wife used it today for the first time and it worked great. My daughter loves that she can see and pet the dogs without them trying to climb into her lap. Her large booster seat fits too.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Dog bed? IMG_4797.JPEG

This looks great! Can you still access the seatbelt receiver? My dogs wear a harness, that has a short strap that clips into the seatbelt receiver.

Vestigo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 XJ, 2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Locomotive Engineer
Dog hammocks. This has been the dilemma from the outset. Especially if you have large breed dogs you take on the trails for the day or trail camping/overlanding adventures.
There are loads you can buy off amazon from $25-$100 but they all end up in the trash. They do not contain the sand, dirt, water and hair. The material is slippery and has no support. So we decided to make our own.
It comes in 2 pieces.... the fitted seat cover(1) and the sling(2) with an inserted polyboard platform that fastens to it with a heavy duty zipper and zippers on the sides to make it into a contained "box". The sling also has grip tape to help the dogs from sliding round on off road terrain. The netting is added to keep the dogs from standing on the console.

Dog Hammock (1).jpg

Dog Hammock (2).jpg

Dog Hammock (5).jpg

Dog Hammock (6).jpg

Dog Hammock (7).jpg

Barnaby’sdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Stuff
Nope, haven't tried them yet. They're supposed to arrive on Friday. But everything I've read is it's like 10-15 seconds to install so I can't imagine it would be much harder to remove.
Yup. They’re very quick and easy to “install” and remove.

I liked them, but just removed them and the dog hammock yesterday, as I can’t physically get my 90lb dog up into the backseat anymore (bad back) and we can’t have him jump down anymore (he’s a senior and has some physical issues, as well).

Sad day for me to remove that stuff. Enjoy you four-legged co-pilots while you can.🍻

Jeep Gladiator Rear Seat Dog bed? C3964DCA-F807-4AB8-81E7-9088AE75D1F9

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
This looks great! Can you still access the seatbelt receiver? My dogs wear a harness, that has a short strap that clips into the seatbelt receiver.
Great question, and unfortunately, no. I use a harness thing that wraps around the headrest bars. It isn't as secure as seatbelt versions, but our dogs are also only around 18 lbs. I think it would be fairly easy to cut a slit into it if desired.

19Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built JKUR to an F150 FX4, to my 2022 Mojave!
Great question, and unfortunately, no. I use a harness thing that wraps around the headrest bars. It isn't as secure as seatbelt versions, but our dogs are also only around 18 lbs. I think it would be fairly easy to cut a slit into it if desired.
Thank you for the info. I think I'll still order it and then cut some slits in it.

Sponsored

RegalZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 Raptor, 2015 JKUR, 2018 JLUR, 2018 JLR, 2019 JLUR
Another vote for full goosegear seat delete with some kong mats for comfort. Added a mesh barrier from weather tech between the front seats. Pup likes it so much he often hangs out back there while I’m working in the yard

1D912392-63B2-41D1-AA93-818A2E317B01.jpeg

1B32258C-5086-4470-AB97-214AC85239C0.jpeg

EC56A2C2-9147-4365-A90C-DAEDBB2FCE46.jpeg

BEC464FD-E744-4601-8091-AF6561D9AC32.jpeg

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
I just picked up my gladiator and ordered a set of these to help protect the rear doors from my dog too.

https://thinskinz.com/
I second these. A must to have with dogs. Heck even just hauling cargo back there. Came in super handy with our 3 month trek this year.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Now that you've all had your back seat covers for a while, which of them have stood the test of time? Would any of you purchase the same option you did a couple years ago? Looking for reviews and recommendations. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
This is the one I went with and I like it so far.
Solid floor, side panels to protect the doors, mesh center section to let AC into the back, access for the seat belt receptacles for harnesses to attach (and it comes with a harness adapter the plugs in), and a couple mesh pockets on the backs of the front seats to store poop bags, leashes or whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BDYXFXGT?psc=1

I wish it had more traction on the floor, but I toss a bunch of blankets in there for my elderly dogs to nest in.

Update: One of the side zippers pulled apart and the zipper slider came off both tracks at 6 months of use with two small dogs.

Last edited:

yfarm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR
Bought a hammock style from Amazon, found that my dogs like to lie in the hammock between the forward edge of the rear seat and the back of the front seat. The hammock droops there and they lie in the droop and do not move with hard braking unlike lying on the rear seat
Sponsored