Disappointing POS garage opener

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
If the instructions in the video do not work, just use your hand held opener to program,
I might have to dig one out and hope it works. I had programed my van with just the learn button, but honestly haven't used the garage to park something in, in a long time. But with a doorless car find my self using it a lot more and pulling out my phone has become a pain.

And yes I have a super old opener tied to a smart home system, lol.
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
If the instructions in the video do not work, just use your hand held opener to program,
The video actually instructs you to use your handheld to program the Homelink.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I can't get my Homelink (in both the Gladiator and the Raptor) to work on our community's front gate. We've tried everything - even the professional garage door installer guy couldn't get it to work.

Next step for me is starting a thread calling out the HOA for their "disappointing POS front gate opener" :bandit::LOL:
Same here. Had it all planned out with my garage being the second button and our gate being the first. Got the garage setup pretty quickly on “2” and banged my head for the gate for 20 minutes with no positive results and an empty “1” button :LOL:

Not that I know anything about gates, but any clue what your system is? When we moved in the HOA made mention of supplying them with the serial number of your fob and a short list of fobs that work with the gate. The previous owners just gave us their old fobs, so we didn’t have to worry about it. In our case the HOA makes the fob work, but not entirely sure what info to provide for Homelink.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Same here. Had it all planned out with my garage being the second button and our gate being the first. Got the garage setup pretty quickly on “2” and banged my head for the gate for 20 minutes with no positive results and an empty “1” button :LOL:

Not that I know anything about gates, but any clue what your system is? When we moved in the HOA made mention of supplying them with the serial number of your fob and a short list of fobs that work with the gate. The previous owners just gave us their old fobs, so we didn’t have to worry about it. In our case the HOA makes the fob work, but not entirely sure what info to provide for Homelink.

We tried cloning the front gate opener but that didn't work. No other ideas so I use the gate opener and Homelink for our 2 garage doors.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
I had an older (early to mid 90s) rolling code Chamberlain opener at my last house. It had a "security" feature where you had to erase all the stored remotes before you could program a new one. Essentially you had to reset it and program all the remotes every time you added/replaced one. And to make matters worse, this "feature" was only mentioned in the technician service manual, not the owners manual.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I had an older (early to mid 90s) rolling code Chamberlain opener at my last house. It had a "security" feature where you had to erase all the stored remotes before you could program a new one. Essentially you had to reset it and program all the remotes every time you added/replaced one. And to make matters worse, this "feature" was only mentioned in the technician service manual, not the owners manual.
How do you erase them all?

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How do you erase them all?
It had a little recessed button you had to press and hold for 30 seconds. It was next to the little knob that adjusted the reverse sensitivity.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It had a little recessed button you had to press and hold for 30 seconds. It was next to the little knob that adjusted the reverse sensitivity.
Thank you. I’ll try that. It was program to my tundra, so maybe that’s it.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I’ll try that. It was program to my tundra, so maybe that’s it.
You may want to check you opener's manual to see what its specific procedure is. Also bear in mind that you'll need to program one of the remotes first and then use that to program the homelink in your Jeep.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
You may want to check you opener's manual to see what its specific procedure is. Also bear in mind that you'll need to program one of the remotes first and then use that to program the homelink in your Jeep.
I tried at my friends house. He just moved in and it's a brand new opener with nothing programmed to it yet but his app. We tried several times and it would not work with this jeep. I even cleared buttons again. The instructions say to hold the button for a few seconds, then press it again for a few seconds and a third time may be needed. When I press the button, the light on the button blinks and when I let go, it goes out. I press it again and it doesn't blink. I let go and press again and it blinks. I've tried just holding the button 3 times no matter what the light does and I've tried letting go and pressing again making it blink each time. I've even held the button until it left learning mode. I may have a bad visor.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I tried at my friends house. He just moved in and it's a brand new opener with nothing programmed to it yet but his app. We tried several times and it would not work with this jeep. I even cleared buttons again. The instructions say to hold the button for a few seconds, then press it again for a few seconds and a third time may be needed. When I press the button, the light on the button blinks and when I let go, it goes out. I press it again and it doesn't blink. I let go and press again and it blinks. I've tried just holding the button 3 times no matter what the light does and I've tried letting go and pressing again making it blink each time. I've even held the button until it left learning mode. I may have a bad visor.

Based on getting mine to work you have to use a remote, no way around it. I had to dig out one that was just a circuit board because the entire case broke. I had to do that and the learn button quickly, its a strange process this one has since I have never had to use a remote to program anything in the past. I actually did this in my garage with the top off so I could stand up and immediately press the learn button.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I wasn't really wanting it to turn out any particular way. Just frustrated. I followed the video and tried doing it while running. I guess I just was hoping someone tried something else that worked. Maybe the shit is broke I guess.
As I mentioned previously, I can't get my Homelink (in my Gladiator and my Raptor both) to open our HOA's front gate. But for some reason I didn't think of posting what a POS Homelink is in this and the Raptor forum. I've learned a lot from this thread :like:

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned previously, I can't get my Homelink (in my Gladiator and my Raptor both) to open our HOA's front gate. But for some reason I didn't think of posting what a POS Homelink is in this and the Raptor forum. I've learned a lot from this thread :like:
I do think more than most and this thing is a turd. It will not program to any opener of any kind. They are pretty buttons in the visor though. I'm gonna check with the dealer to see if they will replace the visor buttons. If not, Ill just clip and remote there but it is a little frustrating. 50 plus thousand dollar vehicle and all. To end this thread on a positive note, I do like that I was able to plug a tiny USB nub into my console USB port with all my music. Works great.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I do think more than most and this thing is a turd. It will not program to any opener of any kind. They are pretty buttons in the visor though. I'm gonna check with the dealer to see if they will replace the visor buttons. If not, Ill just clip and remote there but it is a little frustrating. 50 plus thousand dollar vehicle and all. To end this thread on a positive note, I do like that I was able to plug a tiny USB nub into my console USB port with all my music. Works great.
I hope the dealer helps you out. My Gladiator's Homelink was more complicated to program than in my car and previous Ram truck, but it seems to have a greater range than those.

I'm with you on the USB nub. My wife still uses an ancient iPod with her music and I can't get her to see the light.
Sponsored