John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I also googled "POS Homelink" and a picture of my sun visor came up. I thought that was odd. Anyway, I tried two other garage doors and nothing. Maybe it's broke.
Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
on a positive note, I do like that I was able to plug a tiny USB nub into my console USB port with all my music. Works great.
I'm with you on the USB nub. My wife still uses an ancient iPod with her music and I can't get her to see the light.
How did you guys program the USB drive with the music? Can you have playlists (or is the music shuffle-all only)? What about album artwork is that possible for display on the screen? Thanks

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
How did you guys program the USB drive with the music? Can you have playlists (or is the music shuffle-all only)? What about album artwork is that possible for display on the screen? Thanks
I have my USB organized with a top folder titled "music." Sub-folders are artist's name. Next level is album name, then each song's .mp4 file. I don't really know if it is necessary to organize it this way or to even organize it at all?

It lets you browse by either artist, album, or song title. You can even use the voice response button and say play "song title."

I have about 3500 songs on it and have only used ~ 25 GB

EDIT: It shows a playlist option, but I haven't organized any playlists. I do not have album art on the USB, so don't know if that works, either. I also see a browse by Genre option.

IMG_6472.JPG

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I have my USB organized with a top folder titled "music." Sub-folders are artist's name. Next level is album name, then each song's .mp4 file. I don't really know if it is necessary to organize it this way or to even organize it at all?

It lets you browse by either artist, album, or song title. You can even use the voice response button and say play "song title."

I have about 3500 songs on it and have only used ~ 25 GB

EDIT: It shows a playlist option, but I haven't organized any playlists. I do not have album art on the USB, so don't know if that works, either. I also see a browse by Genre option.

IMG_6472.JPG
What format do you use for the song files?

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What format do you use for the song files?
That is what I did. It seems we could make a folder with a playlist name and put the songs in it we want. You could get to it by browsing artists. I did that with my Tacoma a few years ago and it worked. I haven't played around with playlists either yet.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE:
I was listening to USB music today and I realized that some songs do display the album artwork, some don't. When I got home I plugged the USB into my laptop to investigate, and saw that some of my music is .wmv and .m4a, as well as .mp3. However, that appears to have no correlation with the art. I have no separate artwork files, so I assume it is embedded in the music files? (IDK, that's beyond my pay grade.)

I also googled making a playlist and tried out a very brief one and it worked, but is very labor intensive. Must be a better way, but here's what did work: https://tinyurl.com/vnqwmow

Sorry to continue this thread hijack. Now back to our originally scheduled POS opener.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/uconnect-usb-media-player.7132/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/flash-drive-issue.6602/page-2

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/audio-file-formats.14595/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/uconnect-8-4-upgrade-customer-service-saga.39375/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/usb-connect-error-using-flash-drive.28993/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/uconnect-4c-nav-8-4-display-thumb-drive-size.4504/

USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator USB drive Uconnect format file types music files JEEP Gladiator

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Garage door opener update. Turns out I have a Canadian opener. The button needs to be pushed non offensively by a govt approved person. They are ordering me a new visor.

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Garage door opener update. Turns out I have a Canadian opener. The button needs to be pushed non offensively by a govt approved person. They are ordering me a new visor.
Try pushing it with a maple syrup soaked finger ...

Sponsored

B-RAD

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator (on order)
Occupation
Fleet Manager
I’m not quit ready to torch it yet but damn, Uconnect is useless and this freaking opener should work. Just annoyed.
It’s easier to park than my Tundra and better on gas. Happy about that.
I didn’t think the Jeep was better on gas mpg than anything.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Update update, they will need it for a day to get with jeep, run tests and see if my opener is compatible. I need someone in the Fredericksburg area to bring theirs by my house so we can see if it works. There's a Trump 20 dollar bill in it for you.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
My wife has an infinity q50 and I can’t get its open to program either. It’s been 3 years, I gave up. Totally frustrating. I feel your first world pain, my friend.
Sponsored