Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I would like to know as well. I have an older liftmaster with rolling code and I can not get the thing to work either. followed the video exactly and nothing.

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
I would like to know as well. I have an older liftmaster with rolling code and I can not get the thing to work either. followed the video exactly and nothing.
If the instructions in the video do not work, just use your hand held opener to program,

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I can't get my Homelink (in both the Gladiator and the Raptor) to work on our community's front gate. We've tried everything - even the professional garage door installer guy couldn't get it to work.

Next step for me is starting a thread calling out the HOA for their "disappointing POS front gate opener" :bandit::LOL:

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Mine set up in two minutes. With the truck turned on but not running. I held my old remote by the visor and held both buttons the remote and the one on the visor until the visor light changed to a fast blink. Then hit the learn button on the opener motor. Then back to the truck and did two long press and holds of the visor button. On the third press the garage worked. No issues.
I failed at first just using the learn button (which has worked on other vehicles in the past.) Then I RTFOMs and did just what cleanerguy did and it worked. I had an additional step as my handheld remote didn't work. I hadn't used it in a decade, the battery was dead and it had to first be "learned". Actually had to dig out the OM for the opener and remote.

I mixed up the steps on one door and changed its code. So then I had to re-progam the buttons for that one on the other two cars plus the pinpad. This was a Liftmaster (aka Chamberlain, circa 2000)

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
Mine programmed and works - but I question the wisdom of it only working when the ignition is on - somehow, closing myself u p in a garage with a running vehicle does not seem the safest of practices.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Mine programmed and works - but I question the wisdom of it only working when the ignition is on - somehow, closing myself u p in a garage with a running vehicle does not seem the safest of practices.
So someone can't reach into your vehicle when it's outside your garage with the doors/tops off and open your garage.

I agree it's different and something to get used to, but understandable why they did it

HuskyTaylor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
So someone can't reach into your vehicle when it's outside your garage with the doors/tops off and open your garage.

I agree it's different and something to get used to, but understandable why they did it
That is exactly right. Thieves look for garage door openers, it’s an easy way in. And on a Jeep with the doors off bingo they are in.

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
I think the Jeep needs to be on for the opener to work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

If you are in, trigger the close and turn the engine off. Or turn it off and use the wall switch when you go in. I’m glad it doesn’t work unless it’s on for security.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A, 1968 Jeepster Commando, M422 Mighty Mite and 2020 Gladiator Bright White
Vehicle Showcase
They delay other functions, leaving them on until you open a door-why not this?

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
We don’t have a front gate. We have a beautiful brick entrance but it’s open and most in neighborhood are armed, so we’re good

OP
OP
jmdwifi

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Any luck?
Not yet. Been installing my aux switches to and will finish tomorrow. I might try tomorrow if he is home. We got the plague down here.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
We don’t have a front gate. We have a beautiful brick entrance but it’s open and most in neighborhood are armed, so we’re good
I'm in AZ and there are puhlenty of firearms and bullets here :muscle:
Sponsored