• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Maine Does a MOPAR 2" lift affect payload and towing of a Max Tow Gladiator?

ChuckS

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
I am planning on getting a new Gladiator with Max Tow in the next few months, my question is "does the MOPAR lift affect the payload and towing significantly?"
I'm getting the Max Tow because of the 7k towing capacity and 16000lg payload. (And 4.10 gears and Dana 44 axels). The springs on the Max Tow are beefier so I'm wondering what I lose by putting on the lift. I plan on running 33's so just slightly larger tires. Does this question make sense?
I dont Tow a lot but will approach 7k with camper and all the gear. 2-3 times a year. Probably won't Max the payload either, family weighs about 500lbs, plus bikes other odds and ends.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Theres a TON of info on the forum about this is you search around a bit.

Short Answer, yes. You’re removing beefy springs for taller less beefy ones.

however there are plenty of people on here that tow just fine with the lift and a well set up weight distribution hitch.

im sure other folks will chime in but my $0.02 is why do the MPP lift when you get 2in of height and keep your oem springs with both the iron rock off road, and the aev, spacer lifts.

i have the iron rock off road lift on my max tow. Heres a pic with my 4,750lbs trailer. I have a tongue weight of 475lbs and have a WDH on. I am changing my wdh soon but i sit just a little higher in the rear with the trailer on. Which is what i want since ill be loading gear into the trailer for trips soon.
Jeep Gladiator Does a MOPAR 2" lift affect payload and towing of a Max Tow Gladiator? 52DCAE5A-307E-40E7-BC76-20B2BE394A51

OP
OP
ChuckS

ChuckS

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
Thanks, that is what I was debating. A spacer keeps all the Max Tow specs. And it's not like I'm planning running 37's.
I put a 2.5" AEV lift on my JK and it was a pain in the butt. But I dont have a mechanics shop and tools at my disposal. A spacer would be easy enough, im just being lazy.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that is what I was debating. A spacer keeps all the Max Tow specs. And it's not like I'm planning running 37's.
I put a 2.5" AEV lift on my JK and it was a pain in the butt. But I dont have a mechanics shop and tools at my disposal. A spacer would be easy enough, im just being lazy.
ive been beyond impressed with my iron rock off road lift. I had never heard of them before this forum. Best spacer lift ive had in the last 4 jeeps

https://www.ironrockoffroad.com/product/Gladiator-2-lift-kit.html

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Anything you do will affect it. Lift it, you’ll have a higher cog, etc etc. Would a 2” lift affect what I personally do? No. I’m rated at 6k and I’d feel fine pulling all 6k with my 2” lift and 35” tires.

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Are you planning on going offroad? If you're just going to run fire trails and unpaved roads then there is no need to lift to put 33's on.

There are guys in the Sport S running 35's with no lift, just trim the top wings off the fog light close out panels.

In all honesty, if you're doing it for aesthetics, 33's on a 2" lift will look like your factory set up on factory tires.

OP
OP
ChuckS

ChuckS

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
So I would like to do some light rock crawling but the fact of the matter is I probably won't. But I also don't want to get somewhere and not be able go because I'm limited. So I would like to have room underneath. Let's face it, it looks better lifted as well.

OP
OP
ChuckS

ChuckS

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU
I have a JK now and all I've done is make it pretty with 2.5" lift and 35's. It kills me I haven't taken it wheeling but so far, not. Part of the reason I'm getting the Max Tow is the 4.10 gears and Dana 44's. I thought about rehearing the JK but EVERYTHING I would need to do is daunting. Thought the max tow is a good start, and I may never get to go wheeling but a man can dream!

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It all boils down to what you want. But I really believe you won't like the look of a 2" lift with 33" tires.

Here is mine with 33" and then 35" with no lift. The look will be close to a Sport with 2" lift and 33" then 35".

Jeep Gladiator Does a MOPAR 2" lift affect payload and towing of a Max Tow Gladiator? Jeep 2
Jeep Gladiator Does a MOPAR 2" lift affect payload and towing of a Max Tow Gladiator? Jeep 7

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
It all boils down to what you want. But I really believe you won't like the look of a 2" lift with 33" tires.

Here is mine with 33" and then 35" with no lift. The look will be close to a Sport with 2" lift and 33" then 35".

Jeep Gladiator Does a MOPAR 2" lift affect payload and towing of a Max Tow Gladiator? Jeep 7
Truck looks great!

thats why i went down the middle with 285/75/17, theyre closest to 34’s.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
That's a good point, my JTR had the OEM tires for a week. Just ran across a picture of it stock, it looks odd with 33's instead of 35's.

OP
OP
ChuckS

ChuckS

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU

Thanks. I have 33 winter tires on my JKU and 35 summer tires, I like the look of the 35's much better. Thanks for the pic