Sponsored

Does anyone have any good locking toolboxes for the bed that fit UNDER a tonneau cover?

Gradyk33

First Name
grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I had a local company (Innovative Industries in Antigo WI ) mount this diamond aluminum locking box on their "SlideMaster" extending rails so I can have it at the front - or - pull it on the extending rails towards the rear to make it a lot easier to open and access.

2019-11-22 08.01.13.jpg
That looks great! How much did that run you?
Sponsored

Whiteeagle

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
That looks great! How much did that run you?
The locking box was approx $500 (their price to me) plus around $500 for the 100% extending slide rail system and mounting it in the front of the bed.

Mules

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator, '93 Landcruiser, '77 CJ, '88 Bronco
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Kobalt wheeled plastic tool boxes. 50 gallons each, fit snug in the back, side by side. Lockable, watertight, and I can stand on them. Fits nice in front of the 2x6 I made for the side slots. They cost $54 from Lowes.

IMG_3448.JPG

IMG_3449.JPG

StingGrayJT24

First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon Gladiator
I just saw this thread pop up and I recently went through this and spent countless hours trying to find the perfect toolbox that met similar requirements as the op.

I ended up finding one on eBay of all places. It’s aluminum, black, has dual locks, and handles. There’s also rubber weather stripping under the lid to keep water out.

Here’s the best part, it’s 44x15x15 and fits perfect between the wheel wells, sits against the cab, and doesn’t interfere with my tonneau cover.

Brait Products in Washington state makes them and are easy to find on eBay. Just search for 44” aluminum toolbox. *Note they are offer the box with and without handles. If you want one with handles make sure you select that one. It’s $5 more.

Anyway, they are a little pricey, but I love mine and it’s perfect for what I was looking for. I would recommend it and purchase it again.

Oh, for folks with tonneau cover, because of how the tonneau attaches the back of the bed, you need to slide the box out about 4” to fully open the lid.

63D5DC02-0266-40C2-9B2E-1CC1028EA3B1.jpeg

2EEEEE2D-46D3-46E9-8A3E-E26B46B708C6.jpeg

371CB919-E9AD-4DB8-A0DD-3CF5AF1737D8.jpeg

3D950F57-9EE6-472C-A176-848239ADA126.jpeg

Sponsored

salvino

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GC Trailhawk/ 2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Finance Guy
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like something that fits right up against the front of the bed (behind the windows). I just have no space for things like my jumper cables, a small toolkit, and X lug wrench, etc. I'd like it lockable and waterproof AND fitting under a solid Tonneau cover (lowmax).
How would something like this mount into the bed?
This is custom, expensive but I really like mine. I ran two #2 wires into it and it serves as my electrical box for my dual ARB compressor, lights and heavy duty charging for my off road trailer. Still stores a lot of tools and such. Also, I was able to bolt it to the front tie down bolt holes using a 3“ aluminum strap which is bolted to the tool box near the top in the sides of the box. No drilling into the bed.

Jeep Gladiator Does anyone have any good locking toolboxes for the bed that fit UNDER a tonneau cover? tempImagePxjrze

Attachments

Last edited:

Mnarlock

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Astronomer
I just saw this thread pop up and I recently went through this and spent countless hours trying to find the perfect toolbox that met similar requirements as the op.

I ended up finding one on eBay of all places. It’s aluminum, black, has dual locks, and handles. There’s also rubber weather stripping under the lid to keep water out.

Here’s the best part, it’s 44x15x15 and fits perfect between the wheel wells, sits against the cab, and doesn’t interfere with my tonneau cover.

Brait Products in Washington state makes them and are easy to find on eBay. Just search for 44” aluminum toolbox. *Note they are offer the box with and without handles. If you want one with handles make sure you select that one. It’s $5 more.

Anyway, they are a little pricey, but I love mine and it’s perfect for what I was looking for. I would recommend it and purchase it again.

Oh, for folks with tonneau cover, because of how the tonneau attaches the back of the bed, you need to slide the box out about 4” to fully open the lid.

Jeep Gladiator Does anyone have any good locking toolboxes for the bed that fit UNDER a tonneau cover? tempImagePxjrze

What is that tension bar?