Sponsored

Does putting new rims and tires with no lift and 33 inch tires void any part of my warranty?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
peolle

People try to get stuff covered all the time like this. For example...I sell my JT. The shocks state “jeep” on them. The next owner experiences an issue and takes the truck in not knowing that the shocks were not OE.

OR someone buys FCA LED headlights and upgrades....things like that.
I'm talking original owners - should have stated that, and that's what the OP was asking about.

As far as the other stuff - LED headlights and so on - then they are fools who don't read the instructions or paperwork. They clearly state what the warranty of those parts is.
I guess there's a lot of naive people out there as it's not a gray area at all that when you replace parts you get the warranty of the REPLACEMENT parts.

I'd bet that somewhere Jeep has even stated this in the JT paperwork- warranty applying only to factory installed parts, etc. and any replacement parts being covered by THEIR warranty.
Are people really that, uh, dingy? "I put new headlights in, they stopped working, fix it" after 35 months of ownership they want it covered by the original vehicle warranty? Wow.
Sponsored