Sponsored

Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Those look good. Are they more of a permanent install or do they pop off quickly once configured?
The lowers are a more permanent install half door look- have bolts and the front mirrors go through. Takes 10-15 minutes for each door to assemble. Probably the same to disassemble. I figure it’s a decent trade off.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
The lowers are a more permanent install half door look- have bolts and the front mirrors go through. Takes 10-15 minutes for each door to assemble. Probably the same to disassemble. I figure it’s a decent trade off.
Interesting. Makes a cheap half door especially at the price you got those for, but kind of surprises me that it essentially makes it not a tube door anymore. When bestop first mentioned enclosures I have to say I had pictured something fabric that slipped over.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Makes a cheap half door especially at the price you got those for, but kind of surprises me that it essentially makes it not a tube door anymore. When bestop first mentioned enclosures I have to say I had pictured something fabric that slipped over.
JKs had a bag /storage pockets that slipped over. Not sure if JL/JT has that option.
Something made of twill top fabric would be pretty cool and hopefully allow you to use the bar door. I’m ok with the half doors but it would be cool to be able to switch easily between steel half and bar doors. ProbBly cost prohibitive to Bestop team. Could be a future mod - likely require some cutting and maybe welding a bracket on to allow it to go on and off around the door handle and mirrors?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
JKs had a bag /storage pockets that slipped over. Not sure if JL/JT has that option.
Something made of twill top fabric would be pretty cool and hopefully allow you to use the bar door. I’m ok with the half doors but it would be cool to be able to switch easily between steel half and bar doors. ProbBly cost prohibitive to Bestop team. Could be a future mod - likely require some cutting and maybe welding a bracket on to allow it to go on and off around the door handle and mirrors?
Either that or potentially some kind of a-pillar mounted mirrors to pull them out of the equation, seems like it might be a little easier that way.

Your setup has me interested. After it looking like core doors are not going to happen I was close to pulling the trigger on the JRC half doors (now that they take the bestop uppers), but still really want something a little more open for nice days.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Either that or potentially some kind of a-pillar mounted mirrors to pull them out of the equation, seems like it might be a little easier that way.

Your setup has me interested. After it looking like core doors are not going to happen I was close to pulling the trigger on the JRC half doors (now that they take the bestop uppers), but still really want something a little more open for nice days.
Uppers on. Takes a bit to bend the pins and adjust them the first tip. Then they just pull off and push on in seconds.

C72ECB61-E77D-4DC9-B303-30D93D859174.jpeg

Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Uppers on. Takes a bit to bend the pins and adjust them the first tip. Then they just pull off and push on in seconds.

C72ECB61-E77D-4DC9-B303-30D93D859174.jpeg
Video is up on YouTube

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security

Jeep Gladiator Doors off, premium soft top, rain protection? C72ECB61-E77D-4DC9-B303-30D93D859174
Like the look. Wish I could have gotten it from the factory like this. Did the uppers come with any kind of storage bag?

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Like the look. Wish I could have gotten it from the factory like this. Did the uppers come with any kind of storage bag?
No bag and I dont see one in the catalog for these specific ones. Looks like older versions had a bag so maybe it’s in the works.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
No bag and I dont see one in the catalog for these specific ones. Looks like older versions had a bag so maybe it’s in the works.
Guess its time to hit up hobby lobby and craft somethign up, lol

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link