Drew's 2020 Gladiator Sport S Supercharged

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Hello all. I bought what will hopefully be my last financial nightmare. I bought my first brand new car last year, 2018 Grand Cherokee and should have waited til this year. I am extremely happy with the new truck and cannot wait to build it. This Gladiator has the max tow package, which I felt is the number one best option on this truck. Just knowing I have the 4.10 gears for bigger tires and the HD brakes is nice. It also came with the 7" radio group, convenience group, and premium soft top. The usual options one would find. Sticker was $43420 plus Florida's stupid $1000 markup for paint protection, but ended up paying $41,820. Not bad. Dealer complained that they lost money on the deal and miss marking up to make money... No one cares. I also felt it was stupid to pay into the lifted Gladiators with wheels and tires, when one, they mark up labor and parts on those, and two, I can put on the lift and tires I want. I still plan on going with Mopar's 2" Lift. I have yet to find a better kit for the price. I do not want to go with some stupid spacer kit. I plan on keeping this truck for a while and moving back to the PNW for some nice overlanding experience and want the extra travel.

So far I have bought/installed:
Trifecta's Trifold Tonneau Cover
Rugged Ridge 9" Antenna
Rugged Ridge Hood Latch
Rugged Ridge Eclipse Sun Shade
AFE Pro 5R Air Filter
Oracle LED Headlight Conversion
Oracle Fog Light Conversion

The lights are worth it, IMO. The are way brighter and whiter. The tonneau cover is nice for now, I may change to a rack later or wait to see what other companies make. I'd love to get a roof top tent and put accessories on the side of a rack, so I may go that route, but a hardtop canopy would be interesting. The hood latch kit is nice, I bought it as a better looking and operating latch than factory. The filter is a small upgrade for now. I have always enjoyed AFE's products, but could not find a decent aftermarket intake kit, so I just went with the filter. The sun shade is ok. It still lets a lot of sunlight through, but does help. I may change that. That being said, the market is still young and parts keep coming out. I plan to Mopar lift it and put on 35s or 37s, I haven't decided yet. Here are a few pics. More to come.

20190715_115202.jpg

20190715_183908.jpg

20190719_182459.jpg

20190721_182811.jpg

20190723_171759.jpg

20190723_171812.jpg
Sponsored

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Hello all. I bought what will hopefully be my last financial nightmare. I bought my first brand new car last year, 2018 Grand Cherokee and should have waited til this year. I am extremely happy with the new truck and cannot wait to build it. This Gladiator has the max tow package, which I felt is the number one best option on this truck. Just knowing I have the 4.10 gears for bigger tires and the HD brakes is nice. It also came with the 7" radio group, convenience group, and premium soft top. The usual options one would find. Sticker was $43420 plus Florida's stupid $1000 markup for paint protection, but ended up paying $41,820. Not bad. Dealer complained that they lost money on the deal and miss marking up to make money... No one cares. I also felt it was stupid to pay into the lifted Gladiators with wheels and tires, when one, they mark up labor and parts on those, and two, I can put on the lift and tires I want. I still plan on going with Mopar's 2" Lift. I have yet to find a better kit for the price. I do not want to go with some stupid spacer kit. I plan on keeping this truck for a while and moving back to the PNW for some nice overlanding experience and want the extra travel.

Rugged Ridge 9" Antenna
Rugged Ridge Hood Latch
AFE Pro 5R Air Filter

The lights are worth it, IMO. The are way brighter and whiter. The tonneau cover is nice for now, I may change to a rack later or wait to see what other companies make. I'd love to get a roof top tent and put accessories on the side of a rack, so I may go that route, but a hardtop canopy would be interesting. The hood latch kit is nice, I bought it as a better looking and operating latch than factory. The filter is a small upgrade for now. I have always enjoyed AFE's products, but could not find a decent aftermarket intake kit, so I just went with the filter. The sun shade is ok. It still lets a lot of sunlight through, but does help. I may change that. That being said, the market is still young and parts keep coming out. I plan to Mopar lift it and put on 35s or 37s, I haven't decided yet. Here are a few pics. More to come.

20190715_115202.jpg

20190715_183908.jpg

20190719_182459.jpg

20190721_182811.jpg

20190723_171759.jpg

20190723_171812.jpg
Was looking at the pics and noticed some familiar signs from roads we ride. Pond in background is familiar. Glad to see another JT in the area with build plans.

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Was looking at the pics and noticed some familiar signs from roads we ride. Pond in background is familiar. Glad to see another JT in the area with build plans.
Yeah I noticed another member shows nw florida. not sure where you are, but pond pic was on a military range. Dig your build

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Yeah I noticed another member shows nw florida. not sure where you are, but pond pic was on a military range. Dig your build
Thanks. Pond On Eglin. In crestview here. We ride there and BW.

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well today I decided to get rid of all the badging. It all felt too cheap and plastic to me. I couldn't stand it. So I started with the sides. I took off the gladiator sticker and the Jeep badge. Sticker was easy, badge took a little effort. Bug and Tar remover and plastic scraper work great on the sticky tape, btw. I want to get new Trail Rated Badges too. I saw the stocks were plastic as well, and I want metal ones. Also, I took off the gladiator sticker on the back and started with the Jeep badge, then noticed there was a guide hole for the letter P. I looked online, there's also one for the letter J. So I will be ordering a new badge but silver in color. The black matte looks horrible. Lastly, I may order some Gladiator stickers for the hood. I've seen a few pics of it done, and I don't hate it. Basically it's a different logo than the Rubicon sticker, but since I don't have a Rubicon, Gladiator would look good.

I ordered the AVS Hood Protector today. Can't wait to put that on since I'll be going cross country a few times a year.
I bought a Superchips Cal Tuner too. I know a few people complain about them, mostly due to not being able to shut off the auto start, which I don't need. I mainly got it for the light options and to change tire size when I get new tires.

Also thinking of cutting into stock bumper to mount a 20" Led Light. Thoughts? It would fit perfectly in the center and no one cares about the stock sport bumpers. If I don't like it, I may just get a new bumper down the road that will help clear 37s.

Lastly, I ordered a set of Katzkin Leather Seat Covers. They're black with silver stitching to match the steering wheel. Can't wait. Jeep charges $1500 for leather upgrade, these covers were under $700 shipped.

In case you didn't know, Northridge 4x4 has a cool auto interactive system that lets you build your car to the parts they sell. They also have a discount for forum members. Here's what I came up with on mine:

20190725_101916.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant

Rugged Ridge 9" Antenna
Rugged Ridge Hood Latch
AFE Pro 5R Air Filter

20190715_115202.jpg

20190715_183908.jpg

20190719_182459.jpg

20190721_182811.jpg

20190723_171759.jpg

20190723_171812.jpg
Looking good. Your dog seems to approve. I like your build plans. I have the Mopar lift on my JL and if I were to lift my JT I wouldn't hesitate to go Mopar again. Good luck with your new silver bullet.

swampy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willys Wheeler Wrangler, JT Sport S ordered
How tough to install was the LED conversion?

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
How tough to install was the LED conversion?
super easy. headlights you have to take the grill out then the lights themselves, super easy and quick, theres a vid online. also fogs are easy but gotta take off the skid plate and the piece that goes between the fender and the bumper. screws are really long.

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
No more cheap plastic matte black logos on the side. New rear logo coming soon. Got the Gladiator decals from Ebay and love them. They definitely define the vehicle more.

20190811_193829.jpg

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6MT - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Digital Marketing
No more cheap plastic matte black logos on the side. New rear logo coming soon. Got the Gladiator decals from Ebay and love them. They definitely define the vehicle more.

20190811_193829.jpg
Have a link on the new rear logo?

Sponsored

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Have a link on the new rear logo?
I apologize for the late response, I was on vaca. The pn is 68442674AA, i bought that, the gladiator hood decals, and the metal trail rated badge all on ebay. Its a nice touch up from the stock black matte plastic crap.

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Katzkin Installed!!!! Let me tell you, it's a pita. But it looks great. It can take all weekend if you take breaks. It's hot as hell in Florida. I still have the rear headrest to do. More upgrades to come.
Got a good deal on a used AFE intake. Still testing it out, but mpgs seem a lil higher.
Last pic is of the new Jeep badge for those wondering

20190908_133040.jpg

20190908_133054.jpg

20190908_180927.jpg

20190908_180954.jpg

20190908_181009.jpg

20190908_181038.jpg

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Its been a while.....
I have recently installed:
DV8's Rubicon Style Bumper
Rough Country Side Steps

I have a few parts coming soon:
Airaid Intake
Mopar 2" Lift w/ RC .75" spacer
37x12.50r17 Tires, not sure on which yet
Mopar Slotted 17x8.5 Wheels

Future plans:
SS3 Yellow LED Fog Lights, having issues with Oracles LED Conversion
5" Round Bumepr Lights
50" Quadratec Windshield LED Bar
Magnuson Supercharger
JKS Front Track Bar
Fox Steering Stabilizer
Flush Mount Rear Bumper Lights

Pics coming with in the next couple weeks. I'm excited to see how it'll look with the lift. I now have over 10k miles and have been riding stock for the most part.

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bought the DD SS3 Yellow Pro Fogs, should be better than the Oracles. Also bought Flowmasters FX Catback. Both should be in this week. I decided on Pro Comp MT2 37x12.50r17. They were 25% off and come with a 40k mile tread warranty. Which for a mt isn't bad. Got the lift today, hope to get it installed this week.

Lastly I bought the Quadratec JL Prerunner light kit. The kit itself is cheap and well built but does not fit the JT. The JT grill is bigger than the JL. I bought the JL grill to see if itd bolt on. It does with slight mod. Not bad but it did allow me to install the prerunner kit. There is no splicing. It wires directly into your harness and comes on with your lights.

20200210_181352.jpg

OP
OP
gmc1000_1965

gmc1000_1965

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Mopar 2 in lift with Rough Country 3/4 in front spacer installed. I can tell I'll need an adjustable front track bar. Rear is even but front sticks out about an inch more to the driver side. Pro Comp MT2 37x12.50r17 on 17x8.5 +12mm Mopar Slotted wheels. I was nervous I didnt go big enough as in 5 in lift and 40s or that the 37s would be too big for the current lift. But after 10k miles and only now having the money for lift wheels and tires, I had enough time to research. I love it. It's not too big or small and is clean. I wanted to stay with original mopar parts to keep it clean and not go too aftermarket looking with it. I'm gonna go with EVOs front track bar then get a proper alignment. It shouldn't need much but a slight adjustment. Also I'll probably go with mopars front steering stabilizer. (Front bumper off for Rubicon tow hooks coming in tomorrow) will post proper pics tomorrow. Airaid intake installed and love it. Flowmaster fx Catback installed, a little loud but not too bad.

20200214_173335.jpg
Sponsored