Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow, Maserati Ghibli, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
How bad does the payload and tow capacity get with a HEMI? That’s one thing that is not posted anywhere on the AMW4x4 website.
Sponsored

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
That is why I'm posting here for you guys on the forum to enjoy. But if you want a little more, there will be videos to check out and see and hear the Demon scream.

I work full-time in addition to running my online companies, and also make Youtube videos of my favorite hobby. I make the videos on the side so that I can entertain and educate my fellow off-road and automotive enthusiasts. If that isn't your jam, all good with me, but I promise they will be fun to watch.
Okay fine since you responded so kindly i will be nice moving forward. 😂

Jp32018

First Name
Jw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

2021 Demicon

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Roofing Contractor
I love that color. Whats your highway mpg like on 38s?
I have 37s and with 250 miles on it I am averaging 8 miles to the gallon

BTW mine is for sale if your interested. I will make you a great deal and mine is already finished. I ordered a new Ford Raptor R and wife won’t let me have both.

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
I have 37s and with 250 miles on it I am averaging 8 miles to the gallon

Here is mine, 50,000 on it and 7 mpg with 40's on Dana 60's. I do have a lead foot after 22 years on the Autobahns.
There will be minor problems. At 100 mph (2,300 rpm) the oil temperature would climb North of 350 degrees. Photo # 2 shows how I fixed that. Now it runs at 230 degrees at 140 mph.
You cannot put a price on how much you will laugh when you put your foot down.
I also added Methanol injection and am currently hooking up Nitrous, pictures to follow.
IMG_20211025_132750.jpg

IMG_20211025_132718.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Casey250

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Demonator, 20 Wrangler Ecodiesel, 08 Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Entrepreneur & Content Creator
Thanks for the photos.

Do you have the oil filter bypass cooler and additional super charger reservoir? I think they are new recent additions.

Big John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M715x2, 92 YJ, 20 Gladiator
Thanks for the photos.

Do you have the oil filter bypass cooler and additional super charger reservoir? I think they are new recent additions.
I guess not, because I don't know what an oil filter bypass cooler is. Whatever it is, I'm sure it was added because of the insane oil temps. My supercharger reservoir is only about a pint, I intend to add another supercharger cooler in the bed similar but larger than the oil setup. At that time I will be adding an additional 2 liter coolant tank. You cannot overcool a Supercharger (I think?)

OP
OP
Casey250

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I guess not, because I don't know what an oil filter bypass cooler is. Whatever it is, I'm sure it was added because of the insane oil temps. My supercharger reservoir is only about a pint, I intend to add another supercharger cooler in the bed similar but larger than the oil setup. At that time I will be adding an additional 2 liter coolant tank. You cannot overcool a Supercharger (I think?)
It goes between your oil filter and the block. It lets the oil pump through a cooler in the rad stack.

The new reservoir for the super charger is a large tank that sits where the spare tire go and uses a coolant pump from the trx to run fluid through.

You will see it all in some upcoming videos.

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GLS63, 2020 AMG GTR Pro, 2021 GT500
Nice man. Congrats.

I have a full AMW build and am located on Vancouver island. Ended up choosing the 505 package due to distance on a single tank of fuel as well as cabin noise (have a couple of little ones).

I know aux or larger fuel tanks are being considered and at that point I’ll either do a new build or an engine swap. In hindsight I should have went larger but this will give me an excuse to grab another one and ‘gift’ this to the wife!

Most fun I’ve had behind the wheel and I have spent too much time on race tracks. These build are remarkable.

Drive yours in good health and enjoy.

OP
OP
Casey250

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Nice man. Congrats.

I have a full AMW build and am located on Vancouver island. Ended up choosing the 505 package due to distance on a single tank of fuel as well as cabin noise (have a couple of little ones).

I know aux or larger fuel tanks are being considered and at that point I’ll either do a new build or an engine swap. In hindsight I should have went larger but this will give me an excuse to grab another one and ‘gift’ this to the wife!

Most fun I’ve had behind the wheel and I have spent too much time on race tracks. These build are remarkable.

Drive yours in good health and enjoy.
Nice! Didn't know there were other AMW swaps on the island!

Sponsored

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Didn't know there were other AMW swaps on the island!
You in the island? I think I missed that or assumed when I saw white rock you were on it the mainland.

Started the build on April or so and Finished in September. Greater Victoria area.

OP
OP
Casey250

Casey250

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
You in the island? I think I missed that or assumed when I saw white rock you were on it the mainland.

Started the build on April or so and Finished in September. Greater Victoria area.
Ah cool. I'm out at the 642 Jeeps Coffee nights sometimes or M2 Graphix cars and coffee in Langford. I'll have the demontor out when its done

jn18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. I’ll make my way out one time. I was on bear mountain till about a year or so ago. Moved closer to the city for the kids school.

If you’re curious about any of the steering or suspension shit shoot me a note and you can take it for a rip. The steering is crazy.

Michael8780

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Gator Clear coat
Occupation
Self employed
How bad does the payload and tow capacity get with a HEMI? That’s one thing that is not posted anywhere on the AMW4x4 website.
I honestly wouldn't know exactly but with 1 ton axles and the upgraded Shocks and springs My impression is that payload capacity is better. We are a family of 4 and I can tell you loading up a family of 4 in my JL you can feel it. In the AMW built JT loaded down with a family of 4 and gear I never new the difference.

Admittedly I have not had the need to tow anything yet so I can not comment on towing but I do know the Owner is often towing his boat long distances in AMW 707 Package, So there's that 🤷‍♂️

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
This is so ridiculous it is cool.

@Casey250 I am going to have two requests for your youtube once the Demonator starts appearing in your channel:

One, while traveling slowly on one of those high altitude shelf roads high in alpine with the Dirty and Dangerous crew, I want to see an aerial drone shot where you suddenly turn your Demonator straight up the mountain and take straight off leaving everyone below. Must feature some CB Radio overdub chit chat of you saying "safety second" or some other comedic snip.

Two, when you come across a must-cross sketchy bridge in your vids (the ones next to some massive washout), I want to see a scene where you decide whether to cross or not but then just spontaneously opt to launch your Demonator off some ramp to cross the span parallel to the actual bridge. Obligatory foot well shot please with you burying your foot onto the gas pedal followed by obligatory ground-placed camera drive-over shot of your Demonator underbody while truck is fully in the air.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing that.
Sponsored