Dunked my key fob yesterday

uplandgunner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My buddy and I did a couple of drifts the last two days in his drift boat. Yesterday we drifted the Jump river in search of muskies with fly rods. Lots of hazards on the Jump (IE big boulders exposed and submerged)We were threading our way through a chute and tagged a boulder with the rear of the boat which sent the bow towards another boulder just under the surface which slammed me into the casting brace with enough force to rid the brace from the floor and of course went over.

Normally I keep my key fob in a ziplock to keep it dry but not this time. Actually 2 key fobs ( my buddies truck and mine) plus my iPhone went in the drink with me. It took a few minutes to get safely back aboard and get them out of the zippered pocket they were in which full of water when I reached in.

Set everything out to dry after shaking as much water off as I could. Low and behold at the end of the drift both fobs were working. One was for my Gladiator and the other was for his Cherokee.
Jeep Gladiator Dunked my key fob yesterday IMG_4615
Sponsored

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
I have done this. Went rafting with the kids. Normally I keep my keys in a Pelican waterproof case but forgot to bring it. Hit a rock and we all got dumped out of the raft. Took about a minute to get out of the water. Shook off what water I could from the fob. Car started fine.
But I was worried when walking back to the truck that we were screwed.

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
it's sealed and water resistant for just this very purpose. Most phones can handle a trip into the pool or toilet without damage as well.

Complain all you want about the size but the thing works well

srchingon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport Max Tow
at least we now know it could be used as a personal flotation device.

glad u r ok.

Lucky1

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator max tow - 2011 honda odyssey
I let one of my fobs take a ride thru the wash. It got left in a cargo pocket and found at the end of the cycle. I think it was about a week old at that point. Still works fine now a year later!

Sponsored

Skull

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Occupation
Aircraft Technician
My buddy and I did a couple of drifts the last two days in his drift boat. Yesterday we drifted the Jump river in search of muskies with fly rods. Lots of hazards on the Jump (IE big boulders exposed and submerged)We were threading our way through a chute and tagged a boulder with the rear of the boat which sent the bow towards another boulder just under the surface which slammed me into the casting brace with enough force to rid the brace from the floor and of course went over.

Normally I keep my key fob in a ziplock to keep it dry but not this time. Actually 2 key fobs ( my buddies truck and mine) plus my iPhone went in the drink with me. It took a few minutes to get safely back aboard and get them out of the zippered pocket they were in which full of water when I reached in.

Set everything out to dry after shaking as much water off as I could. Low and behold at the end of the drift both fobs were working. One was for my Gladiator and the other was for his Cherokee.
Jeep Gladiator Dunked my key fob yesterday IMG_4615
It doubles as a boat anchor, Jeep just doesn’t acknowledge it!

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
surprised you didn't capsize the boat with those giant bricks ;)

for the size of them they should do more, like be a trolling motor for your boat

NightFog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, 20 Gladiator Rubicon
If you caught your limit this would have been a fish story. LOL
Sponsored