DV8 Tan Spray Kevlar Coated Gladiator Build [SEMA 2018]

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
that is sick. I love these sprayed paint jobs but I wish they would stop doing them for shows.
Good for a show rig. Hard to wash, impractical for real world.

Sponsored

Sandman21

First Name
Dagoberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Badasss! Almost perfect build for me, I would change the wheels for Black Rhino Armory and running boards for something to go with sharp square edges of bumper and that'd be a 10 for me.

Bennett

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JT
This this is pretty sweet, but I don't understand the design of those steps. It looks to me like the indent is almost exactly where I would want to step...

Last edited:

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
This this is pretty seet, but I don't understand the design of those steps. It looks to me like the indent is almost exactly where I would want to step...
I totally agree, that the design looks like the "step" area is off center. But it's actually placed right were your foot needs to go to step in. The seat area takes up most of the center to back of the door, so you need to step forward of that to get in.

I own this jeep, and can vouch that the steps are great.

Sponsored

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Nice looking rig. Does that hood interfere with dropping the windshield?
Thank you. I'm sure the hood would interfere with dropping the windshield, if I could. The light bar brackets are fixed, so there isn't really any way to drop the windshield in the current configuration.

BabblingBafoon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales Management
Good for a show rig. Hard to wash, impractical for real world.
What about the paint job is hard to wash and impractical for real world? Curious, because I would think it is more durable. I guess all the books and crannies would hold mud and dirt, but curious what your thoughts are. I was thinking this might be a great idea, but if it’s not I’d like to understand why.

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What about the paint job is hard to wash and impractical for real world? Curious, because I would think it is more durable. I guess all the books and crannies would hold mud and dirt, but curious what your thoughts are. I was thinking this might be a great idea, but if it’s not I’d like to understand why.
Great question. I was curious how easy it would be to clean and what it would look like after too.

So, cleaning isn’t that hard. I use a power washer and a soft bristle brush to clean the dirt and mud that’s stuck in all of the Kevlar texture. It is pretty easy and looks perfect after.

The reality is that I’ve only washed it twice because it looks almost the same, clean and dirty. The Kevlar texture takes away shine so the paint will always look matte. Adding some dirt and grime doesn’t really change the appearance much. So, I leave it dirty most of the time and it still looks good.

I would definitely recommend the Kevlar paint. It seems extremely durable and relatively maintenance free. The matte appearance also means that you won’t feel the need to wash it as much.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
I absolutely love this JT and for me, it's just about perfect. The RUBICON detail on the hood is killer. Everything is just, well, killer.

I've always wanted to ask about SEMA vehicles: do you keep all of the stickers (for example, the back window) on the vehicle? Also, for insurance purposes, do you insure this as a regular JT?

konapants192

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I absolutely love this JT and for me, it's just about perfect. The RUBICON detail on the hood is killer. Everything is just, well, killer.

I've always wanted to ask about SEMA vehicles: do you keep all of the stickers (for example, the back window) on the vehicle? Also, for insurance purposes, do you insure this as a regular JT?
Thank you. I think it's pretty killer too.

I kept all the stickers on the back window. I'll take them off if they start to peel at the edges.. but so far they look just like I got it. I had to take the front windshield sticker off because I had the exoshield installed and the glass had to be completely bare.

As far as insurance.. I just have it insured as a regular JT Rubicon. Clearly I'm risking the premium I paid for all the aftermarket stuff... but I'm pretty sure that goes for everyone's jeep on this site.

Thx again!
Sponsored