Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
Gidday All

Its been a while and I am chasing more information if anyone is so able to assist.

Before the request I will state that I will be doing a build post on my Rubicon shortly as it is all but complete, at this point.

My Rubicon is a Export Build, Australia, Build Date 7/21 with the GPEC2A computer.

I approached the same tuner that did my RAM1500 (which has amazing results) and asked if he could do it and he said yes. I specifically asked had he done any Gladiators to which he responded yes.

Once he tried to write to mine he could not. He mentioned 'rolling codes' in the security. And was not able to get anything done in two days. He also stated that it was different to the previous Gladiators he had tuned.

Both of us knew of the issues with security on the later JL's and JT's fitted with the GPEC5 computers.

On https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1691501&posted=1#post1691501 this is issue is mentioned too.

I am know thinking this security is a software related issue not necessarily a hardware issue. It would make sense to prove the 'upgrade' software on a earlier JT before changing both software and hardware.

Is anyone able to shed more light on this.

TIA
Sponsored