joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Great description and pics of the tube doors. I’m wondering about your wheels... Is your rig lifted and what size wheel is on there? Looks like minimal offset and decent clearance.
Thanks.

2.5" lift in front, 3/4" lift in rear (currently, probably going to go higher in rear to add some rake).

37" Cooper Discoverer STT Pros on 20" DV8 wheels.

The 2.5" lift will accommodate 37s as long as your truck is a rubicon, you'd likely need 3.5" lift on other models.
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
The 2.5" lift will accommodate 37s as long as your truck is a rubicon, you'd likely need 3.5" lift on other models.
Why would you need a bigger lift? Aren't the coils which get changed with the lift are what give the rubi its extra height.

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why would you need a bigger lift? Aren't the coils which get changed with the lift are what give the rubi its extra height.
The rubicon comes with high clearance fenders. That's where the ability to run 2" larger tires comes from.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The rubicon comes with high clearance fenders. That's where the ability to run 2" larger tires comes from.
ok I will take that.. The lift is still the same height. & people run 37's on stack sport's with no lift. You just gotta trim or remove the air damn's

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok I will take that.. The lift is still the same height. & people run 37's on stack sport's with no lift. You just gotta trim or remove the air damn's
That’s correct. My truck required 0 trimming to accommodate the 37s. As far as I know the rubicon suspension is basically the same as any other truck it just has fox shocks. The extra ground clearance comes from the slightly larger tire size.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That’s correct. My truck required 0 trimming to accommodate the 37s. As far as I know the rubicon suspension is basically the same as any other truck it just has fox shocks. The extra ground clearance comes from the slightly larger tire size.
Negative.. The Rubicon front coils are stiffer & provide .75-1" of lift on the sport models. On a Rubicon the offending item is just flat out not included. Otherwise the same thing would require trimming as its attached to the front bumper.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I thought it was the plastic bumper that needs trimming on all sub-models, but not the metal bumper? That's what I just saw on a video, but of course they could be full of crap.

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Negative.. The Rubicon front coils are stiffer & provide .75-1" of lift on the sport models. On a Rubicon the offending item is just flat out not included. Otherwise the same thing would require trimming as its attached to the front bumper.
not that it really matters to me since I’m running 37s but I do know for a fact the rubicon came with 33s vs 32s on the sport and overland which would account for .5” of the 1” ride height difference. I suppose the rest was taken up by spring rate on the rubicon.

also the rubicon high clearance fenders physically sit higher on the truck. Look at side by side pictures of the front of both. It’s not just some piece of plastic they are without.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
not that it really matters to me since I’m running 37s but I do know for a fact the rubicon came with 33s vs 32s on the sport and overland which would account for .5” of the 1” ride height difference. I suppose the rest was taken up by spring rate on the rubicon.

also the rubicon high clearance fenders physically sit higher on the truck. Look at side by side pictures of the front of both. It’s not just some piece of plastic they are without.
Oh believe me I know the Rubi fenders are higher. They look better too. I am on a Max tow & would love to find a set of color matched rubi fenders for it. Though I probably never will (will end up with Tube Fenders long before that I think). The stock tire size was 245/70r17 which is only a 30.5" tall tire.

I am just saying that I dont think you need a 2" lift for 37's on ANY gladiator. Obviously you have more room to flex with a Rubicon's high fenders, but the sport & overland also doesnt come with sway bar disconnects either so in stock form they arent going to need it.

OP
OP
joshua27

joshua27

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d say just keep an eye on Facebook marketplace for fenders. A guy had a full set of color matched white fenders on my loca Facebook marketplace the other day for $250. I almost bought them just to have spares.

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’d say just keep an eye on Facebook marketplace for fenders. A guy had a full set of color matched white fenders on my loca Facebook marketplace the other day for $250. I almost bought them just to have spares.
I need red, but for 250 I’d of snatched them up with a second thought and taken them straight to a body shop to paint. Sadly I haven’t even seen a JT here with modified or tube fenders at all. Eventually I’m sure I will, but it may be a while.

Diggs9

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2008 Toyota Tundra dblcab 4x4
Occupation
wood worker
Vehicle Showcase
those look great , and a great price. Might just go ahead and pull the trigger before the price jumps out of the page.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
Where are you? I'd buy the fronts from you if youwanted the rear.
I'm in AZ, too far to do an in-hand exchange. But shipping might be ok. Either way however, top/doors off season is over for us. We had a nice cool week in the high 80s, but will be back to 100+ degrees next week, and through the summer. I'll look at doors again in fall.

NC Gator

First Name
Yaumin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Gator Green
Occupation
USMC Academics
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator EAG Tube Doors Jeep Mil Tubes
Sponsored