Sponsored

EARL GREY Gladiator JT club

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
While looking at some press pictures of the Compass the below pictures look promising. Particularly the Upland 4xe press release with the blacked out features.

compass HA in earl.png

compass earl?.png
Sponsored

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
Man, that looks pretty good. I'm ready to order Jeep whenever you're ready. Here is a video of that vehicle in motion and in different lights:

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys Gladiator
While looking at some press pictures of the Compass the below pictures look promising. Particularly the Upland 4xe press release with the blacked out features.

Jeep Gladiator EARL GREY Gladiator JT club compass earl?
Is that actually Earl Gray?? If so it looks like a lighter version of Anvil.

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Or cactus Grey on the Bronco.

I think the Bronco with a white top looks fantastic in this.
Unfortunately because of production difficulties this combo won't be available until 2023 at the earliest.

Bronco_4dr_features_05.jpg
I feel my pants wanting to sag just looking at this paint scheme combo. Does it come with a gold grill for your teeth and a velvet workout suit? -asking for a friend.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel my pants wanting to sag just looking at this paint scheme combo. Does it come with a gold grill for your teeth and a velvet workout suit? -asking for a friend.
You must be too young to remember vintage Broncos in that color combo.

Either way, I ended up getting a Gladiator.

Sponsored

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
You must be too young to remember vintage Broncos in that color combo.

Either way, I ended up getting a Gladiator.
ā€œYoungā€ is relative, but Iā€™ll take it. My odometer just rolled to 49, but I do remember the old steel white top cabs on both jeeps and broncos. My first vehicle was a ā€˜71 CJ-5 and I knew a guy who had a white steel cab back then that I liked, but he didnā€™t want to part with it. I think what looked the most garish to me was the white accents on the door handles, hood, tow shackles; but itā€™s still a fine paint scheme.

it should be said that if itā€™s a throwback look, then some sorta chrome is in order.

Last edited:

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€œYoungā€ is relative, but Iā€™ll take it. My odometer just rolled to 49, but I do remember the old steel white top cabs on both jeeps and broncos. My first vehicle was a ā€˜71 CJ-5 and I new a guy who had a white steel cab back then that I liked, but he didnā€™t want to part with it. I think what looked the most garish to me was the white accents on the door handles, hood, tow shackles; but itā€™s still a fine paint scheme.

it should be said that if itā€™s a throwback look, then some sorta chrome is in order.
Very good points all.

That specific truck was pre-production press prototype.

The production trucks are mostly all black handles and hardware. The Outer Banks has body colored plastic, primarily cowl, mirrors, and fender flares.

Either way, the fact that you don't like the details rather than the combination of a light grey with a white top makes a lot more sense to me. ;-)

A chrome or brushed stainless grill would be pretty cool. (Like my family's old Dodge Tradesman 200 semi-custom van. ha. )

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very good points all.

That specific truck was pre-production press prototype.

The production trucks are mostly all black handles and hardware. The Outer Banks has body colored plastic, primarily cowl, mirrors, and fender flares.

Either way, the fact that you don't like the details rather than the combination of a light grey with a white top makes a lot more sense to me. ;-)

A chrome or brushed stainless grill would be pretty cool. (Like my family's old Dodge Tradesman 200 semi-custom van. ha. )

I loved the interior in that prototype Bronco.

Jeep Gladiator EARL GREY Gladiator JT club 1647609244197

Jeep Gladiator EARL GREY Gladiator JT club 1647609280744

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. They really screwed the pooch on the production interiors. That was one of the things weighing heavily in favor of the Jeep for me.

The production interior was very plasticky and the color choices were terrible.

Car sales 101. Before you offer all kinds of strange colors of leather, make sure you have the basics. Black, Tan, and Grey available in every trim level that offers leather.

Sponsored

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
It is a deceiving color. Looks really gray in some lights and really blue in others. Here it is compared to my wife's billet Cherokee in the late afternoon and in my garage comparing for some leather options.
Jeep Gladiator EARL GREY Gladiator JT club IMG_20220324_225537_01
This is interesting. Where did you get this swatch and more details on why?

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
This is interesting. Where did you get this swatch and more details on why?
I ordered a spray paint can from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/. The why is because I wanted to see what the color looks like in person. I know the Far Out concept was painted in Earl, but I wanted to see the color in person myself before placing my order. If I didn't like it, I might go with Gobi, or High Velocity (ordered a can of that too) if it ever becomes available. It's nice to have the swatch so that if I come across other vehicles with similar colors, I can compare to get an idea of how it will look.

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
Who else is waiting for this color to order and how long are you willing to hold out? The last brand new color for the Gladiator that was released was Silver Zenith which replaced Billet in October. Before that, it was a very short run of Gecko in July and then Sarge in Dec. 2020 (I'm going off the order guides). Gobi doesn't count since it was a 2020 color, but I think the colors on the JT have become somewhat stale. I'm crossing my fingers for May, but I have a feeling it's going to be June or July. We still haven't seen High Velocity either and Jeep is cranking out HV JLs right now. I keep seeing these threads of people waiting for their orders to come through - at least they were able to order.

Garemlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a deceiving color. Looks really gray in some lights and really blue in others. Here it is compared to my wife's billet Cherokee in the late afternoon and in my garage comparing for some leather options.

That swatch looks a lot like Ford's Cactus Gray.

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
I ordered a spray paint can from https://www.automotivetouchup.com/. The why is because I wanted to see what the color looks like in person. I know the Far Out concept was painted in Earl, but I wanted to see the color in person myself before placing my order. If I didn't like it, I might go with Gobi, or High Velocity (ordered a can of that too) if it ever becomes available. It's nice to have the swatch so that if I come across other vehicles with similar colors, I can compare to get an idea of how it will look.
Curious if you have any Mojave orange coloring around that you could put next the swatch?
Sponsored