Sponsored

EPA testing volunteer letter

Batlou

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2022
Threads
5
Messages
96
Reaction score
151
Location
Prospect, KY
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Constultant
Has anyone else ever received a letter asking for them to voluntarily allow the EPA to run test on their personal vehicle? They said that they will need my truck for 2-3 weeks and do dyno testing on it to measure emissions. I have checked and the program is legit. The letter says they would give me a comporable loaner, $500, Wash and a full tank of gas when they return it. The letter states they cannot keep it or repair without my permission but I don't think the federal government and/or the EPA have a great track record of being honest or fair. What do you think?
Sponsored

 

Labswine

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steven
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Threads
38
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
1,811
Location
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired Chemist
Scam to steal your vehicle.
 

shooterrex

Well-Known Member
First Name
Rex
Joined
Jun 20, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
95
Reaction score
212
Location
KY
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Retired
Nope . Not hapnin with my truck.
 

GerryAZ

Member
First Name
Gerry
Joined
Jul 29, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
22
Reaction score
41
Location
Phoenix, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2026 Willys '41 Edition
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (semi-retired)
I received a similar “offer” many years ago about my Comanche except it was to make measurements of suspension height, bumper height, weight, etc. by a so-called accident reconstruction firm. They were looking for one with stock suspension (no lift). I corresponded with them and was willing to help them, but was concerned about theft or damage. As an engineer, I was interested in the process so I offered to let them use my vehicle if I could drive it to their facility and witness their work. They lost interest at that point so I believe it was a scam to steal it.
 

JmattNYC

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jay
Joined
Jan 28, 2024
Threads
13
Messages
562
Reaction score
694
Location
New York
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Ask them to promise to allow us to delete delete delete delete delete like they do with Government vehicles then we got a deal
 

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
249
Messages
40,578
Reaction score
54,218
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
Has anyone else ever received a letter asking for them to voluntarily allow the EPA to run test on their personal vehicle? They said that they will need my truck for 2-3 weeks and do dyno testing on it to measure emissions. I have checked and the program is legit. The letter says they would give me a comporable loaner, $500, Wash and a full tank of gas when they return it. The letter states they cannot keep it or repair without my permission but I don't think the federal government and/or the EPA have a great track record of being honest or fair. What do you think?
found using Google in under 5 seconds -

Jeep Gladiator EPA testing volunteer letter 1790566663408-8i
 

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
249
Messages
40,578
Reaction score
54,218
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
249
Messages
40,578
Reaction score
54,218
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
I received a similar “offer” many years ago about my Comanche except it was to make measurements of suspension height, bumper height, weight, etc. by a so-called accident reconstruction firm. They were looking for one with stock suspension (no lift). I corresponded with them and was willing to help them, but was concerned about theft or damage. As an engineer, I was interested in the process so I offered to let them use my vehicle if I could drive it to their facility and witness their work. They lost interest at that point so I believe it was a scam to steal it.
https://www.epa.gov/ve-certification/in-use-testing
 

Rusty PW

Well-Known Member
First Name
Russ
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Threads
38
Messages
12,036
Reaction score
32,108
Location
Fayette Nam, Pennsyltucky
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
If they offer me a rental, plus fuel compensation. I'm driving that rental coast to coast taking the long way around. Down one coast and up the other.
Sponsored

 
 







Top