Cold Weather testing?

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Received a text this morning from a trusted source: JT observed in Bemidji, MN.

We have a couple cold weather testing facilities before you cross into Canada.

It's been sub 30 below Farenheit for a few days up that way. No pics unfortunately.

Saw someone else had JT photos while it was cruising city streets. Apologies if this is redundant. Sort of my "Sasquatch" contribution.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Not familiar with "Sasquatch contributions" but it sounds funny. Been -20 to -30 in central Wisconsin too. BRRRR, wish there was a JT lurking around these parts.

Post up some pics if you get any!

K enny

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Maybe they are testing a new design for the windshield defroster so that it will work better than it does in the JL.

OP
OP

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
"Sasquatch contributions": semi-conspiracy of a possible fictional truck rumored to be delivered in 2Q with a price that is subject to speculation and unverifiable, but said truck has been "seen" in various elements, most notably a commercial where it appears unable to move and "video" drone shots that could reasonably use CGI to imitate operation. In person accounts claim a 17.5" bed depth of a body, but few, with the exception of one really tall dude, have been allowed inside and fewer can claim to have observed activation of the ignition.

So, I add to this mythos a 2nd hand rumored sightng of said mysterious beast: undocumented operation at -30 Farenheit (more likely -40, but after -30 we stop counting and just swear a lot, then give up and go to work).

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
It was like 75 degrees today here in the desert. So I'll be needing some video or pictorial evidence of this cold news of the North, and more importantly, JT. Now that Lanyard has potentially named his JT Sasquatch, the next available name on the list just may be chuppahcabra.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
I'll take the marker on Sasquatch..... *begins search for vanity plates :rock:

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Parks Operations
I cold tested my JK and somehow half of my washer fluid leaked all over my driveway. Ill have to take a look at it as soon as it gets above 10 deg.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Maybe they are testing a new design for the windshield defroster so that it will work better than it does in the JL.
OH no, jls have a defroster problem?

giskard

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW i3s
This past week was a great opportunity for testing, that's for sure. I live about 90 miles northwest of Bemidji and my car said the outside temperature was -41 degrees during my commute on Wednesday morning. With windchill it got down to around -75 degrees. From what I understand, we were colder than both poles that day. The maintenance department at my employer spent the whole day jumping cars with dead batteries :)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I understand it, windchill only matters to animals, not vehicles..... But yes that's what xtremely cold. However, other than needing a jump, my 2008 grand caravan handled the - 30 Temps just fine. Hopefully their cold weather testing was really way up in Canada for months and months.

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
OH no, jls have a defroster problem?
Joking, I presume ? Heck the JT is 90+% JL forward of the Rear Seat, You could Learn much by checking the sister site once in awhile ! I do - I'm known as Lou3.6 . . . reminds me I should probably update my "handle" here, since ain't no 2.0L for the Glad, and am no longer interested in the 2.0L in the JL, if I wind up going the less expensive route ! I believe Jeep IS working on a Fix for it and it may be being incorporated on future builds ! ? Anyone know for sure ?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Joking, I presume ? Heck the JT is 90+% JL forward of the Rear Seat, You could Learn much by checking the sister site once in awhile ! I do - I'm known as Lou3.6 . . . reminds me I should probably update my "handle" here, since ain't no 2.0L for the Glad, and am no longer interested in the 2.0L in the JL, if I wind up going the less expensive route ! I believe Jeep IS working on a Fix for it and it may be being incorporated on future builds ! ? Anyone know for sure ?
nope, not joking. figured somthing as basic as defrost wouldn't be an issue in a 40-60k vehicle

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
You can test all you want, I'm sick of the cold weather!!!! :(

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
Late to the party on this one, but here is a video for RAM cold weather testing. Its pretty safe to say some of this testing is shared by Jeep.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
nope, not joking. figured somthing as basic as defrost wouldn't be an issue in a 40-60k vehicle
I didn't form my thoughts very well in my response . I did know about the issue - again, from the JL Forum . I Totally Agree, it should NEVER of been an issue - just poorly executed and tested ! The customer make-shift attempts to remedy are comically frustrating ! IF stupid things like this persist or show up in the JT (I will be testing, in the cold) It will be enough for me to say, "Know what, think I'm just gonna keep my WK2 and "spruce up its off road abilities, and the hell with my warrantee !"
Sponsored