Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I just rolled 28,000 miles on my Sport S Max Tow and have recently began to notice that the ESS is causing a jump/lunge when it restarts. I have had my gladiator for over a year and have become very accustomed to the way this thing runs and this is definitely a new development. Specifically when im stopped and it restarts without me easing pressure on the brakes - I believe it does this when the A/C can't keep up. It used to just start up w/out any issue but now I've noticed that if I don't have the brake pushed all the way to the floor it actually jumps forward. Ive also noticed that when it restarts after i remove my foot from the brakes, like taking off from a stop light, it doesn't seem to start fast enough. So my foot is all the way off of the brake before it starts which causes it to lunge. Just wonder if anyone else has noticed anything like this...
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
My suggestion would be to have the batteries checked. Sounds like the ESS battery may be on a downhill slide.

Due to the heat here, I always hit the disable button for the ESS when I start it.