First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Software Engineer
Update on my "wandering" feeling. I knew it wasn't there when I got it! I had taken the JT in to the dealer to install a tonneau cover and they had filled up the tires to 44 PSI. I brought them back down to the 38 recommended in the car door and there is a significant improvement. Problem solved.
Sponsored

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Compared to the stock suspension and tires in my 2017 JKUR, I found both the Sport S and Rubicon to be "loose" with the Rubicon being a little more so than the Sport when I test drove them both last weekend. I did not check the tire pressures. The Sport S had the 3.73s.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
I have test driven multiple Gladiators and I am curious if the 3.73 has less noticeable wander vrs the 4.10 once tire pressure and alignments have been adjusted to preference. Please vote if you have the issue. Both 3.73 geared JTs I have driven only had a slight wander and the last two 4.10 geared JTs, both were Sport S had more issues.
My Sport S did wander while at speeds higher than 50 (first 2 days) The PSI for all tires was 46. Yesterday aired down to 37 cold and the wandering stopped.

MR GRANITE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave Gobi
Why are so many Jeeps delivered with +40 tire pressures? Are they shipped from factory that way on purpose for shipping reasons?

PanhandleChuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
Occupation
U.S. Marine Corps (Ret)
New life to old thread. Just to echo a few comments on air pressure and dealerships. It doesn’t matter the brand, I can take my Jeep, Toyota, BMW (R1250), former RAM to dealer for service and they’re always overinflated after service. I now deflate to desired PSI before leaving lot.

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My 2020 Sport S 2” mopar lift 12.50x 35 toyo tires has no wandering at all. It has EVERY option that a max tow has except for the 373 diff. We just went on a 2500 mile trip through California Nevada Utah and Arizona. Performed flawless with a 4800 lbs. trailer
Sponsored