Expedition One Dual Tire Swing Bumper Install/Review

tonydo1993

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hi, how do you like the tire carrier? I’m still debating between this and JCR. Did you order the back up camera relocation bracket as well? Thanks.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
OP
OP
CookieSoup

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hi, how do you like the tire carrier? I’m still debating between this and JCR. Did you order the back up camera relocation bracket as well? Thanks.
I havn't hung the spare yet .... Really need too just moved houses and playing catch up on jeep projects. i just saw the JCR the other day. don't know how i like there latching system. and they ditch the factory hitch and im not a huge fan of that.

Sponsored

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I like mine really well. The latches on the bumper are much stronger than what JCR offers. And rattle free with a 37" tire. And it's a single piece bumper.

tonydo1993

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I like mine really well. The latches on the bumper are much stronger than what JCR offers. And rattle free with a 37" tire. And it's a single piece bumper.
Awesome, pull the trigger yesterday. How is the install? Do you have any photos with the wheels on and is the camera relocation bracket works? Thank you

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
The install was easy just follow the instructions. I did get help to mount the bumper as it's one piece and hard to maneuver alone.

OP
OP
CookieSoup

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I got the camera bracket and i hate it ill have to remake it it doesnt fit the camera

Sponsored

OP
OP
CookieSoup

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It’s trash. Both latches and hinges are worn out. Had to add metal back to a hinge pin. 10k miles of minimal use and it’s hammer dog shit. Powered coat started flaking off the second month.

do not buy it I hate it

WestwallNF104A

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Antique dealer
It’s trash. Both latches and hinges are worn out. Had to add metal back to a hinge pin. 10k miles of minimal use and it’s hammer dog shit. Powered coat started flaking off the second month.

do not buy it I hate it

Did you contact Expedition One about the issues? It sounds like a failed heat treat on the affected parts.

OP
OP
CookieSoup

CookieSoup

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Did you contact Expedition One about the issues? It sounds like a failed heat treat on the affected parts.
Yes

basiclly i didn't buy a powerdercoat warranty so there wasn't anything you could do (it was past a year anyway)

and moving parts wear out and will need to be serviced and offered to sell me a latch service kit.

there were nice and polite and professional i just don't understand how a latch pivot wears out so fast i don't really want to be replacing my latches ever other year

WestwallNF104A

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Antique dealer
Yes

basiclly i didn't buy a powerdercoat warranty so there wasn't anything you could do (it was past a year anyway)

and moving parts wear out and will need to be serviced and offered to sell me a latch service kit.

there were nice and polite and professional i just don't understand how a latch pivot wears out so fast i don't really want to be replacing my latches ever other year
Yeah, that seems a tad excessive.
Sponsored