Extremely Shocked by Extreme Terrain

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
It started when I ordered a pair of bumpers from them on June 1st. The front bumper was on backorder and I was told it would be shipped 4 weeks after order receipt. I received the rear bumper promptly and waited. I emailed them on July 1 and was told the vendor was having problems. It would be July 15th before shipment. Emailed July 15th and was told September 1st. I called the manufacturer to find out why the delay and was told Extreme wasn't telling the truth, that their lead time has always been 12 weeks and Extreme knows that. Additionally, this is not the first time they had heard similar comments about Extreme Terrain.
Then I ordered a set of tube doors from Extreme Terrain. Open box, no refunds. They were described as scuffed and scratched, with all hardware and instructions included. Upon receipt, they were as advertised (plus a couple of hefty dents but I can live with that.) except that 1 of the hinge pins, 5 mounting bolts, 16 washers, and 8 nuts were missing. I called Extreme Terrain and was told "these are sold as-is and we will not provide hardware." I said: "Even if you clearly state that it is provided?" "Yes." "So, if I ordered a pair of doors and only one showed up, your answer would be the same? Sorry, we sold it as-is. We will not provide a second door?"
Their answer again? "Yes."
Fortunately, I can get the bolts and nuts from the hardware store and Rugged Ridge has agreed to send me a hinge pin.
The moral of the story is:

Caveat Emptor
Sponsored

Blue Ridge

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys in sarge green
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Pet shop owner
I get that everyone is having supply issues, but Extreme Terrain has been my worst buying experience of the pandemic era. I bought molle seat covers that said that they come with 8 molle bags, and ... no molle bags. Also got a back seat cover (new) that was faded and had dog hair on it. I mean, it's going to be in the sun and have my own dog on it, but if I'm paying full price for a new in box item, I expect to get what I'm buying. Shame, because they have lots of stuff that I'm looking for but after that experience, I'll pay more to get it somewhere else. Negative reviews and posting on forums like this can keep others form running into the same things though. Sorry you had this experience, and thanks for putting the word out.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
I've passed on slightly better pricing at XT in favor of Northridge, which frequently has better pricing depending on the product. I've never EVER had anything but great results with Northridge. I think the last thing I bought from XT was Lange Coyote mirrors, and that was only because I'd bought the same mirrors for my YJ there - first place I thought of.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Their response would have been enough for me to contact my credit card company and reject the charge for delivery of non-conforming goods (or maybe just straight up fraud).

SWFLGladiator

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sorry to hear this. I just finished dealing with them on a new in box order, and an open box order. They severely lack consistency in customer service, and company policy in general. I will never deal with them again. I even refused store credit from them-I have no intention of ever purchasing from them.
Hopefully enough people read these reviews, and find a reputable vendor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IamAlan

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Rugged Ridge For The Win!

When I explained my situation to Rugged Ridge and the fellow from RR asked for my email, phone, address, pictures of what I received, and a copy of my invoice, and said: "We'll handle this as a warranty claim", I figured to see a hinge pin. Maybe a complete set of bolts and nuts as well.

Fed Ex just delivered a brand new set of doors.

I'm astounded. Simply astounded.

Thanks you Rugged Ridge for going way beyond my expectations.