Factory all weather mats...

BLZGLAD

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla M3
New here. I see the factory all weather mats REQUIRE??? the floor plug to be Removed?
Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
They have their own plug ... You take out the old one, fold the carpet flap over and put the mat in and its plug ...

Its not a big thing ...

OP
OP
BLZGLAD

BLZGLAD

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla M3
They have their own plug ... You take out the old one, fold the carpet flap over and put the mat in and its plug ...

Its not a big thing ...
Thanks.. yes I saw that. I am not excited to remove the factory plug.. no garage... cold/snowy Chicago...lol

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Its a rubber plug in a 1 inch hole ... Takes 1 minute per side ...

Its no problem really ... It takes longer to install the rear matts as they have to connect together and that can be a minor hassle ...

OP
OP
BLZGLAD

BLZGLAD

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tesla M3

Its no problem really ... It takes longer to install the rear matts as they have to connect together and that can be a minor hassle ...
Appreciate the info. Ok, gunna pull the trigger and get some.

Sponsored

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...

The rear mats suck. And the front driver side mat doesn't cover the carpet under the gas pedal. Understand this is a lawyer think but Weather Tech solved this problem by bringing their mat well up under the gas pedal. And they solved the drain plug issue by building a deeper tub. And their rear mat is once piece. I should have purchased (and am now about to purchase) Weather Tech. Anyone want to buy 1 complete factory all weather floor mat - only used 1 day!

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Appreciate the info. Ok, gunna pull the trigger and get some.
If you haven't already purchased your factory set tell me what you want for mine - literally purchased my JT today. I'm in Minneapolis. Could meet you half way or ship at your cost if you are interested... too new to this forum to know how to PM sorry!

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
The rear mats suck. And the front driver side mat doesn't cover the carpet under the gas pedal. Understand this is a lawyer think but Weather Tech solved this problem by bringing their mat well up under the gas pedal. And they solved the drain plug issue by building a deeper tub. And their rear mat is once piece. I should have purchased (and am now about to purchase) Weather Tech. Anyone want to buy 1 complete factory all weather floor mat - only used 1 day!

Yeah no, mine are fine, have been fine, look fine, protect fine etc ...

Indeed it does not protect as well as it could by the gas pedal but honestly its not an issue.

If you want mats that are used in a Mercedes, than weathertech is always the best and generally most expensive too ... But, this is far from a Mercedes ...

Either way, to each his own. Many have the Mopar mats and are plenty happy. The same could be said for weathertech ...

Id also venture to say that if you have intentions of using your Jeep as an actual Jeep, you might end up with some water in the mats ... If its a lot, the plugs would be a big help ... Mine have been a benefit multiple times ...

Either are a fine choice ...

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
It's a nice feature to be able to drain the mats out of the factory drains. You're supposed to pull that plug, put the mat funnel in the hole, and put the plug in the mat itself. However, I wasn't quite comfortable with the seal the matt has in the hole. What I did was leave the factory plug in the factory hole, cut out the little carpet oval covering it so the funnel drops just a little and sits on the factory plug, and then ordered some extra factory plugs on Amazon to put in the mats so the water didn't get into that hole. IF I need to drain it, I'll lift the mat, pull the factory plug, then pull the plug in the mat and drain it.
Sponsored