BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
@BAT

Here are some quick pics. weather changed and now its going to be raining during my drive home, so I went out while at work and popped em in.

The first three pics i left it sitting just in the door holes so you can see how it goes in.

I can also do a short video if that helps. Not trying to sell ya or anything. But the beauty of this forum is the amount of info we can get from one another.

42B838B0-6093-450B-B684-5C819BABE9E3.jpeg

F4E75B26-6431-44C9-8235-1D6C849E1213.jpeg

AB421E65-EE67-4E95-8B57-85A5AFCEE08F.jpeg

CB122CB7-6449-401C-892C-A5216A4E107A.jpeg
Nah video not necessary thanks for the info and ability to see more closely how the doors are set up. I think for me the hopes of just some sort of quick fabric door would be better as I don't have any small kids, etc so I like having the doors completely off (Except when it has rained and I have to get back home from work (LOL). Just got a set of Rokblokz to help a little bit with the water spray from the errant sprinkler systems that decide to water the road instead of the grass in the mornings. Those are very interesting set up though
Sponsored

Law Gator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Gator), 2005 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon Sahara Edition (Rubihara)
Occupation
Attorney
I do love my half doors. I just put mine on last weekend. Wind noise and flutter definitely at 65 plus.
1653559626983.png
Looks awesome. Did they just paint the doors by themselves? I took some white ones I recently acquired by a body shop and they told me the best way to go would be to paint the doors along with the panels adjacent to the doors to ensure a color match. Seems like overkill to me.

margrxsalt

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Looks awesome. Did they just paint the doors by themselves? I took some white ones I recently acquired by a body shop and they told me the best way to go would be to paint the doors along with the panels adjacent to the doors to ensure a color match. Seems like overkill to me.
My body shop said they did not need to do that since only using seasonally. If you plan on keeping them on year round they said would be a good idea to blend and paint those other sections. I think they did a pretty good color match. I had white ones as well. They did suggest to paint the whole door (inside and out) so white didn't show through. I am glad I did that. I had them paint the door hinges as well. If you are doing that, make sure they take the hinges off to paint them. If they paint them with them on and you need to make door adjustments then the white will show through.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I found a set on Facebook Marketplace that were NIB that had proximity, blind spot indicator and electric/heated mirrors. They were black, but had them painted to match. Body shop did say they couldn't guarantee the color match without blending, they ended up matching perfectly. I've been wanting factory half doors since my 2009 JK days. I'm stoked that I found them and am very happy with them. Here is the before and after paint job.

Jeep Gladiator Factory Half Doors installed 2

Jeep Gladiator Factory Half Doors installed 1

Sponsored

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I didn't want to point it out, but that's my big issue too. I feel like I'm always referencing the TJ and earlier models for design elements, but it was clear in terms of styling they were designed for half doors, and no doors even. You had this very clear body line creased into the side of the hood, that led the eye straight across to meet the top of the half doors which was a seamless path all around the top of the tub. On newer Jeeps it seems clear that they were designed for a set of 4 full doors cause that's what the market dictates. It just looks like half doors were a secondary consideration. Because I'm sure they were.

I'm not knocking it, I think it's cool. I just think it's the opposite of the earlier Jeeps that looked better with half doors. And sure $5k is a hard ask if the style isn't for you, but really you're getting a lot of oem painted sheet metal for that price, I don't think it's a bad deal at all. And the uniqueness is worth it. Those doors are going to be a sought after commodity in 25 years.
If you look at the fit on the Wrangler, the body line is smooth at the back of the rear doors.
Once again the Gladiator gets treated like the bastard step-child…

Kevin

darkmatter

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT 3.0
If you look at the fit on the Wrangler, the body line is smooth at the back of the rear doors.
Once again the Gladiator gets treated like the bastard step-child…

Kevin
Flawed is the JT rear half-door body line. But the half-door experience more than makes up for it.
IMO...halfies are a niche market and the juice wasn't worth the squeeze to stamp two new doors and create 4x new uppers.

Last edited:

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
I finally got a chance to install the factory half doors. I ordered these with my 2021 Mojave in August 2021. I was told it was the first month they became available for Gladiators, so jumped on them.
I had half doors on my 1998 Wrangler (which was also white).
- The install wasn't hard, but there are a bunch of steps.
- I watched a good YouTube video that really helped. I can share if needed.
- While an expensive option (almost $5k), they are great.
- You get more open air then with the windows down.
- You can easily remove the tops and not worry about mirrors or excessive wind, especially on the highway.

Jeep Gladiator Factory Half Doors installed 20220901_121007

You still have windows?

Jeepforfun

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work, It's a 4 letter word...AKA Electrical Sales
I jealous. Those look great on the Gladiator. I had those on my JK. But I don't miss the leaks every time it rained. My JK was one of the early models before they changed the top design to eliminate the leaks.

Sponsored

Great White

First Name
Joey Nantucket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ, (2) JK's, JT
Occupation
Working as the Man
Half-doors are awesome. If it's not raining the windows are off. It's a shame folks with full doors only enjoy open air through the process of removal every time. These windows take 5 seconds to remove and install. So much better than my Best Top soft top and soft doors on my YJ. When ordering I wanted half doors and both tops. The only package with half doors was with full doors and a soft top. Stayed true to my heart and not looking back! Wind noise is acceptable and better than the YJ. If I wanted it quiet I would have bought a car.
Jeep Gladiator Factory Half Doors installed IMG_8821

It's a Jeep, not a car, not a truck, It's a Jeep!

IMG_8835.jpg

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
These give me PTSD from my 88 Wrangler Sahara package….

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Found a set for sale - the guy said no BSM and that the half door mirrors never come with BSM - is that true?
Sponsored