First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ford Flex
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Well I finally got a gladiator after creeping on here for a while.

I'm really excited.

I need to save up for wheels and tires. Possible to fit rubicon wheels and tires on my stock sport?

Jeep Gladiator Finally got my Gladiator 20220428_174052
Sponsored

BeepBeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Congrats! Mine should be in any day now!

Oasis Supernova

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
high Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Well I finally got a gladiator after creeping on here for a while.

I'm really excited.

I need to save up for wheels and tires. Possible to fit rubicon wheels and tires on my stock sport?

Jeep Gladiator Finally got my Gladiator 1651683884889
I got a set of Rubicon wheels and tires from my Brother's wrangler. Fit perfectly. Made a hell of a difference, and put on a leveling kit.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!!

Id suggest just taking the time to drive it stock and get to know what you do and dont want. All too often guys get amped up to do the mods after seeing the stuff on the forum. Take the time when you can before you inadvertently open up a can of worms and start chasing problems that are only solved by more mods.

Tire/Rims are a simple first step. And im pretty sure the stock rubi tires will fit the sport w/o issue. But know you will loose MPG and the ride will change. What that change is, is entirely user dependent. I personally went back to a nearly stock sized dueler AT after going larger and more aggressive. Other have found they are pleased with the feel of the different tires and are unconcerned with the MPG. To each their own!.

Enjoy the ride brother. Jeep life is the best life.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Whiskerbiscuit

Whiskerbiscuit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Congrats!!

Id suggest just taking the time to drive it stock and get to know what you do and dont want. All too often guys get amped up to do the mods after seeing the stuff on the forum. Take the time when you can before you inadvertently open up a can of worms and start chasing problems that are only solved by more mods.

Tire/Rims are a simple first step. And im pretty sure the stock rubi tires will fit the sport w/o issue. But know you will loose MPG and the ride will change. What that change is, is entirely user dependent. I personally went back to a nearly stock sized dueler AT after going larger and more aggressive. Other have found they are pleased with the feel of the different tires and are unconcerned with the MPG. To each their own!.

I plan on taking time, my new job has me gone from home 6 months a year so I'll have plenty of thinking time. There are some basic things I'll be doing first though they are not "jeep" mods. This is my first truck so I will be putting my camping stuff in loclabe totes instead of strategically packing my renegade, and then a 67d phone mount stuff. But other mods I'm not in a hurry to do.

OP
OP
Whiskerbiscuit

Whiskerbiscuit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I got a set of Rubicon wheels and tires from my Brother's wrangler. Fit perfectly. Made a hell of a difference, and put on a leveling kit.

I would like to do this for the right price I really don't want to have to blow a bunch of money on used rims and tires just to turn around and buy rims and tires haha.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Congrats!!

I'll second the first point that @Gren71 makes, if this is your first Jeep, OP. Nothing worse than dropping a bunch of cash, because it looked awesome at that moment, just to find out that's not what you really want. Perfect example: going with 35s then deciding 37s are the tire size you really wanted. If cash is no concern, have at it! Don't be afraid to ask opinions on the forum- there is definitely no shortage of those here. My other suggestion is "don't cheap out" if the part(s) you're buying will be relied on.

Have a blast, and enjoy!

OP
OP
Whiskerbiscuit

Whiskerbiscuit

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I'll second the first point that @Gren71 makes, if this is your first Jeep, OP. Nothing worse than dropping a bunch of cash, because it looked awesome at that moment, just to find out that's not what you really want. Perfect example: going with 35s then deciding 37s are the tire size you really wanted. If cash is no concern, have at it! Don't be afraid to ask opinions on the forum- there is definitely no shortage of those here. My other suggestion is "don't cheap out" if the part(s) you're buying will be relied on.

Have a blast, and enjoy!

Great advice.
The only thing Im hard set on before even having a jeep was getting AEV Pintler wheels. Tires I was thinking BFG, I ran them on my F350 and have loved ever since.

I haven't even thought of other mods yet.

Sponsored

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Great advice.
The only thing Im hard set on before even having a jeep was getting AEV Pintler wheels. Tires I was thinking BFG, I ran them on my F350 and have loved ever since.

I haven't even thought of other mods yet.
BFG only tires I put on all of my JEEPS I owned

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
BFG only tires I put on all of my JEEPS I owned
I have BFG on my TJ, and hate them. On the JT I have Mickey Thompsen Baja Boss MT, and love them.

The BFG's have no offroad traction, especially mud... Toss in mixed terrain like here in AL, rocks/mud/sand/water, and you have a hell of a time moving.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score