Finally placing my order!

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(ordered) 2021 Gladiator Willys
Hey guys! I am finally placing my order for my Sport S and want to see if you guys think I have left out anything I can't live without! (I know that's very subjective, just looking for opinions!)

• 2021 Gladiator Sport S
  • Fire Cracker red
  • American flag decal
  • Black sport S wheels
  • Heritage tan cloth (cooler than black with the top off)
  • u-connect 7 inch screen (no need for nav)
  • Alpine system
  • Trail rail group
  • tech group (comes with 7 inch screen)
  • Convenience group (Comes with something else)
  • Cold weather group (I live in upstate NY....Brrrrrrrr...)
  • Auxillary switch group
  • trailer tow package
  • 3.6 Pentastar
  • 6-Speed manual

My dealer is offering me about $1300 off of sticker plus what incentives are available at the time. No crazy fees. Just $75 doc tax title etc. Seems like the ticket to me! :) I am excited to join the group!
Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Hey guys! I am finally placing my order for my Sport S and want to see if you guys think I have left out anything I can't live without! (I know that's very subjective, just looking for opinions!)

• 2021 Gladiator Sport S
  • Fire Cracker red
  • American flag decal
  • Black sport S wheels
  • Alpine system
  • Trail rail group
  • Auxillary switch group
  • trailer tow package
  • 3.6 Pentastar
  • 6-Speed manual

My dealer is offering me about $1300 off of sticker plus what incentives are available at the time. No crazy fees. Just $75 doc tax title etc. Seems like the ticket to me! :) I am excited to join the group!
How about limited slip? Hard top?

This is similar to what I would have ordered if I would have ended up ordering

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they also throw on a $1500 or $2000 "value" package with nitrogen and coupons! I had negotiated one with them many months back, then they give me a final buyers order and would not take it off!
No hard top?
How about limited slip? Hard top?

This is similar to what I would have ordered if I would have ended up ordering
So, I plan on adding actual Lockers down the road, I would end up taking the limited slip trak lock out.

The vain side of me REALLY wants a body-color hardtop, so I plan on going to live with the soft top for a while then get a body-color hardtop.

Both great points!

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
Considering you are getting convenience, technology and tow packages, the popular equipment package is a no brainer as it comes out cheaper and you get the hard top. Unless, you really know for sure that you only want the soft top, the hard top is a great option and much more difficult and costly to install after due to the wiring. Getting a hard top and throwing a soft top or sunrider top on after is much easier.

Also, limited slip and selec-trac are great options for the snow upstate. I think the max tow package is another excellent bang for your buck on the sport s, especially if you plan to go with bigger tires and tow more. But, it’s your build, your money and your needs in the end!

Sponsored

Frank...

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 6-speed

• 2021 Gladiator Sport S
  • Fire Cracker red
  • American flag decal
  • Black sport S wheels
  • Alpine system
  • Trail rail group
  • Auxillary switch group
  • trailer tow package
  • 3.6 Pentastar
  • 6-Speed manual

This is very similar to my order, for $595 the limited slip rear differential is worth it.
I also have a firecracker red, six peed, with a tan interior on order. Looks much better than the black.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering you are getting convenience, technology and tow packages, the popular equipment package is a no brainer as it comes out cheaper and you get the hard top. Unless, you really know for sure that you only want the soft top, the hard top is a great option and much more difficult and costly to install after due to the wiring. Getting a hard top and throwing a soft top or sunrider top on after is much easier.

Also, limited slip and selec-trac are great options for the snow upstate. I think the max tow package is another excellent bang for your buck on the sport s, especially if you plan to go with bigger tires and tow more. But, it’s your build, your money and your needs in the end!

Thats great to know about the installation on the Hard-top! So I agree with what you are saying about the popular equipment packge except that the convenience group and tech group are standard now... they cost you nothing extra.... If I could still get the 5 inch display and save more money I would.
You cant get the Max Tow with the manual trans ( I wish I could!), and you are correct on the winter driving but I still have my Subaru for winter.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is very similar to my order, for $595 the limited slip rear differential is worth it.
I also have a firecracker red, six peed, with a tan interior on order. Looks much better than the black.
I would agree on the diff option if I was going to drive it in the winter.... unless, does anyone know if you can have the limited slip WITH a locker? Is that a thing with the Rubi's?

NYC-4X4

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JT Past: 97 ZJ, 14 JKU, 18 WK2
Thats great to know about the installation on the Hard-top! So I agree with what you are saying about the popular equipment packge except that the convenience group and tech group are standard now... they cost you nothing extra.... If I could still get the 5 inch display and save more money I would.
You cant get the Max Tow with the manual trans ( I wish I could!), and you are correct on the winter driving but I still have my Subaru for winter.
I just ordered a sport s last week and convenience and technology are REQUIRED for the sport s, but not INCLUDED. Also, from everything you have said on here, why not a fairly base manual rubicon (lockers, 4.10 gears, wide axles) with the body color hardtop and your other listed options and be done with it. Installing these after the fact on a sport s will be a lot more. Last bit of advice, the consensus seems to be to either get the 8.4 group or no audio upgrade at all. The alpine audio seems overpriced on its own with better options out there.

PastV1

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue soon, 2014 Highlander
Have you looked at the dealers mentioned in the other threads for a better deal? Some up to 8% below Invoice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a sport s last week and convenience and technology are REQUIRED for the sport s, but not INCLUDED. Also, from everything you have said on here, why not a fairly base manual rubicon (lockers, 4.10 gears, wide axles) with the body color hardtop and your other listed options and be done with it. Installing these after the fact on a sport s will be a lot more. Last bit of advice, the consensus seems to be to either get the 8.4 group or no audio upgrade at all. The alpine audio seems overpriced on its own with better options out there.
just getting a Rubicon would be my preference, but built out with the things that are important to me, it's nearly 50k before discount. I don't mind paying a bit more for things after the fact. I have a payment budget that I want to stay within. My research came up with the same findings as you, I am going no audio upgrade, then doing it aftermarket.

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok, I have officially added the Hardtop! Thank you for the advice about the wiring and such! Extremely helpful and saved me more headaches later on! Also added the hard tri-fold tonneau cover, but that was a pure impulse buy lol

OP
OP
dakota.morgan91

dakota.morgan91

First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck is officially ordered today!! I also upgraded to the Willy's package as well! :)

Kaiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow 1969 J3000 Gladiator farm truck. 1969 J2000 Gladiator project.
Truck is officially ordered today!! I also upgraded to the Willy's package as well! :)
Congrats! A red Willys will look great with its black grille and hardtop. Good choices.