First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
I have an unrepairable puncture on one of my oem duelers with 28k on them. Time for new tires.

Looking for feedback for anyone who has the Firestone destination x/t tires on a dd. Are they too aggressive for a daily? How is the road noise / ride? How have they held up. My use case is 95% plus on pavement and brief jaunts off road on Texas ranches and farms a few times a month…nothing crazy.

also wondering if I can fit 285/75r17’s on my bone stock sport s max tow. Any rubbing on road? Off road? I have searched the forums and the consensus says this will work…wondering if anyone has done it with these specific tires.

I’m open to other recommendations for this tire size and my use case on a stock sport s max tow (Dana 44’s and 4.10 gearing).
Sponsored

OP
OP

Beat Army

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
Well…I ordered these…kinda second guessing the 287/75r17 size…might call and switch it to the 285/70r17.

DireRyder

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
Well…I ordered these…kinda second guessing the 287/75r17 size…might call and switch it to the 285/70r17.
I put 285/75/17 on my stock sport S, not max tow, and had no rubbing on road. Did very little off road before a spacer lift without issues. They are Toyo Open County, but I would think you’re good to go with the Firestones.

Bjeepz

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
You're going to be pleased with the 285/75's, don't change that order. I ran that size on my 2020 Overland and they were great, not too big and not too small. With the 4.10's it will drive great, if you have those silly plastic bumper end pieces like shown above you'll likely need to remove them. Don't worry, the gas mileage won't go to hell by doing so ;-)

OP
OP

Beat Army

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Firestone destination x/t IMG_4924

287/75r17 installed today. Not close to rubbing anywhere. Now I need to update the tire size in the computer. And maybe level it…or a lift.
Sponsored