Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for JL and Gladiator!

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
On the JLR there is just one each side and yep they break easy and are very expensive if you buy the Mopar one and cheap if generic. I pulled the fenders off to install my version of the Sidetrack instead of pulling the liner and popping out the rivets and buying them and the rivet tool. Mine totaled $25 for turn signal and rock/courtesy lights plus I installed parking lights in the fender vent.
Any chance of a pic? Cheers!
Sponsored

mpainting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I had an issue on the first side I did. I lined up the Sidetrack with the vent. Then realized the top edge of the Sidetrack was not sitting flush with the side panel and was already pulling away. After a heat gun and some additional 3M automotive tape, all was good. I removed the Sidetrack and alined the Sidetrack with the top of the indent on the side panel. Cheers!

sidetrack.jpg
Thanks for the info!

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
I was looking at these but after reading the comments, nah. I’m good.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
I was looking at these but after reading the comments, nah. I’m good.
Something you want to elaborate on? Happy to help! :)

Here is a cool mod from a customer, color-matched to the Jeep's theme:

15862975_3477303088967400_479936852902924520_n-jpg.jpg

5824859_3477302998967409_4165127521362513421_n-jpg.jpg

5843751_3477303005634075_2042612217560239631_n-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
So I was in on the group buy and finally installed my lights yesterday. I have aftermarket fender flares and front inner fenders so fishing the wires was easy and I chose not to go into the cabin and tie into the courtesy lights, instead I ran a wire along the frame to the rear and tied into the back up lights. The white lights and left turn signal are working fine, but my right turn signal is not working...could be a bad connection with the T Tap and I will play with it later. My only issue was with the 3M adhesive stips stretching out. Once the wires are run, it is hard getting the lights placed in the right spot on the first try and I had to reposition a few times. This pulls the adhesive away from the lights.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
So I was in on the group buy and finally installed my lights yesterday. I have aftermarket fender flares and front inner fenders so fishing the wires was easy and I chose not to go into the cabin and tie into the courtesy lights, instead I ran a wire along the frame to the rear and tied into the back up lights. The white lights and left turn signal are working fine, but my right turn signal is not working...could be a bad connection with the T Tap and I will play with it later. My only issue was with the 3M adhesive stips stretching out. Once the wires are run, it is hard getting the lights placed in the right spot on the first try and I had to reposition a few times. This pulls the adhesive away from the lights.
I actually replaced the 3M adhesive on one side after I positioned one light a bit crooked.. Was a bit surprised to see the waffle pattern under the adhesive, certainly not the best surface for proper adhesion. Cheers!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I actually replaced the 3M adhesive on one side after I positioned one light a bit crooked.. Was a bit surprised to see the waffle pattern under the adhesive, certainly not the best surface for proper adhesion. Cheers!
The extruded pattern you are referring to has to do with the injection molding process. We can not have a solid surface there, it would cool at a completely different rate from the rest of the molded part and cause significant warpage. The surface area is more than adequate for proper adhesion :)

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I found the issue to my passenger side turn signal, the blade to the male T-Tap simply slid outside the female connector. Everything is working great. I like the side illumination when backing up. My tie it into an aux switch later when I wire my aux bumper mount back up lights, that way the sidetracks will light in reverse and will be switchable. But so far, I like the look and function and added visibility they will provide when changing lanes on the highway.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I found the issue to my passenger side turn signal, the blade to the male T-Tap simply slid outside the female connector. Everything is working great. I like the side illumination when backing up. My tie it into an aux switch later when I wire my aux bumper mount back up lights, that way the sidetracks will light in reverse and will be switchable. But so far, I like the look and function and added visibility they will provide when changing lanes on the highway.
Great to hear! Post some photos when you get a chance :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
How in your eyes are these? From the angle in photos it almost looks that if you walk up the side of your truck you're going to be blinded. Are they angled/directed down enough to not do that?

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
How in your eyes are these? From the angle in photos it almost looks that if you walk up the side of your truck you're going to be blinded. Are they angled/directed down enough to not do that?
They are bright, but angled down. Gives you a great view of what you may have to dodge getting in. I had passengers comment how bright the light is and how much they like the illumination... Cheers!

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
They are bright, but angled down. Gives you a great view of what you may have to dodge getting in. I had passengers comment how bright the light is and how much they like the illumination... Cheers!
thanks! Just making sure you weren’t needing to like block the light with your hand walking up🤣

I’ll miss puddle lights so this may be a decent option
Sponsored