Sponsored

First Look: Sidetrack LED System for JL and Gladiator!

mpainting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
My wires were plenty long enough. I could reach the driver's fender harness from the top under the hood. The passenger side I was able to go up from underneath. I just folded back the fender liner, and didn't remove it completely. The white wires I combined together and extended them, ran them into the cab on the driver's side, and soldered them to the tan/white bed light wire in the passenger kick panel.
Just to confirm...you did not have to remove the fender liner at all from driver's side?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Just to confirm...you did not have to remove the fender liner at all from driver's side?
Nope, just removed the 2 retainers at the bottom rear of the liner and 1 10mm bolt, and pulled it up out of the way.

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
Update, I struggled much less with the passenger side. I just used something pointy and firm to poke through the thick gasket and feed the wire through. Unfortunately, the drivers side just wasn’t long enough. I was able to get both sides mounted and turn signals working. The courtesy lights aren’t working yet though. Its doable, just not as straight forward as the instruction video may lead you to believe.
I would’ve happily paid $100 for someone to install.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Thanks all for sharing your feedback since installing! We are passing your comments onto our product team to use for improvement. We hope that you enjoy your Sidetrack, and please feel free to reach out to our team if you need help.

pughboy2

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Just finished the install. They really should throw in enough fender clips to put the liner back in. The clips are ruined when you punch them out. I had to go to the parts store and get something until I can order new ones that go in the Jeep. Note to future buyers, get enough body rivets to re-install At this price point a $3 pack of hardware and printed instructions are not to much to ask IMO

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
Just finished the install. They really should throw in enough fender clips to put the liner back in. The clips are ruined when you punch them out. I had to go to the parts store and get something until I can order new ones that go in the Jeep. Note to future buyers, get enough body rivets to re-install At this price point a $3 pack of hardware and printed instructions are not to much to ask IMO
Has anyone found a reusable fastener that works as well to replace the single use plastic rivets?

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
Thinking I would like to the rivets before I even start the install. Any chance of getting a pic of an actual rivet/clip you took out with size or the ones you replaced them with? Thanks in advance. Cheers!

LoJac963

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thinking I would like to the rivets before I even start the install. Any chance of getting a pic of an actual rivet/clip you took out with size or the ones you replaced them with? Thanks in advance. Cheers!
I just replaced mine while installing my AUX switches. I had to buy a larger rivet gun with interchangeable heads. The plastic rivets only fit in the 1/4 inch head. They are fairly large rivets.

Sponsored

sirphenergan

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Limited, 2018 Jeep Compass Limited, 2020 Sting-Gray Rubicon Gladiator
If you guys are talking about the little rivets that go around the edge of the fender flare, you do NOT have to take those out. ONLY the little christmas tree clips along the underside of the fender flare. There are [I think] three along the top, two in the front, and two in the very back bottom, followed by the three small bolts. The liner will then come right out. I made the same mistake and realized after pulling one of the rivets!

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Most of our Jeep customers have extra rivets on hand, and our instructions are online so there's never a worry about losing a print-out. Thanks for your feedback; we'll let our team know. We hope you enjoy the Sidetrack despite that initial trouble!

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone found a reusable fastener that works as well to replace the single use plastic rivets?
I looked and ended up spending $40 at the dealership for replacement packs.

Honestly between the lack of replacement rivets, the lack of instructions, and the attempt at cost savings by making the wires exactly long enough which doesn’t leave options as to where to run. To top it off the fact that we paid nearly the same as list to be beta testers oops I mean group buy participants Really has left a sour taste about Oracle.

I should have know when there Rock Lights for the gladiator require you to purchase extension cables. If your gonna say something fits then make a kit that fits even if you charge me more.

NJKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I looked and ended up spending $40 at the dealership for replacement packs.

Honestly between the lack of replacement rivets, the lack of instructions, and the attempt at cost savings by making the wires exactly long enough which doesn’t leave options as to where to run. To top it off the fact that we paid nearly the same as list to be beta testers oops I mean group buy participants Really has left a sour taste about Oracle.

I should have know when there Rock Lights for the gladiator require you to purchase extension cables. If your gonna say something fits then make a kit that fits even if you charge me more.
Edit: was just looking online where the passenger side light harness is and didn’t find it but found this...
https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...ting-system-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-5861-504
Quadratec is selling them for less than we paid in this “group buy” Remember back in the day when groupbuys actually meant something... F them

mpainting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry to hear about the inconvenience. Most of our Jeep customers have extra rivets on hand, and our instructions are online so there's never a worry about losing a print-out. Thanks for your feedback; we'll let our team know. We hope you enjoy the Sidetrack despite that initial trouble!
Your instructions are online in the form of a 4 minute video, right? Or am I missing something?
Edit: was just looking online where the passenger side light harness is and didn’t find it but found this...
https://www.quadratec.com/p/oracle-...ting-system-wrangler-jl-gladiator-jt-5861-504
Quadratec is selling them for less than we paid in this “group buy” Remember back in the day when groupbuys actually meant something... F them
Agreed. Completely ridiculous that they are cheaper on Quadratec than with the group buy. I haven't installed mine yet, but not looking forward to it based on previous comments. I'm hoping Quadratec actually does an install video. I'm sure it would be much better than the 4 minute nonsense from the Oracle website.
Sponsored