First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
teacher
Just got my fishbone bed rack. There is only one thread on this bed rack. Looking for ideas and what is working for everyone pertaining to their bed rack. Would love a way to store some tools on the rack. Main reason for purchase was to keep dogs safe in the back when they ride with me. In the future, my son and I will use it for camping with a RTT (or whatever that acronym is) tent. Looking for pictures and ideas of racks that people have, specifically the fishbone, and what they are running with them as well. Thanks!
Sponsored

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Just got my fishbone bed rack. There is only one thread on this bed rack. Looking for ideas and what is working for everyone pertaining to their bed rack. Would love a way to store some tools on the rack. Main reason for purchase was to keep dogs safe in the back when they ride with me. In the future, my son and I will use it for camping with a RTT (or whatever that acronym is) tent. Looking for pictures and ideas of racks that people have, specifically the fishbone, and what they are running with them as well. Thanks!
will provide some updated photos once I get traction boards mounted. Looking at options to carry mountain bikes on the sides.

54D08BFE-2AF1-4356-9879-F63DBA07EF20.jpeg

OP
OP
pannelld20

pannelld20

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
teacher
How are you planning to mount the traction boards?

Sponsored

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Just some stainless bolts for now. I keep ratchet and wrench in truck

Jeep Gladiator Fishbone Bed Rack 4591CBA4-9ED9-490C-95B7-92B22ECF57C2
What about replacing your hardware with some closed eyebolts with wingnuts? Would be tool less and able to rig things to the eyebolt as a bonus to be able to hold it when tightening the wingnut.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
What about replacing your hardware with some closed eyebolts with wingnuts? Would be tool less and able to rig things to the eyebolt as a bonus to be able to hold it when tightening the wingnut.
I’ll probably go with wing nuts. Lowe’s didn’t have them in 1/2 SS. Need to check Ace. But, one con is they’ll tool less for anyone else walking by when parked. I put an electric hoist in my garage, so I’ll only use rack for trips. Low risk for theft then.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
will provide some updated photos once I get traction boards mounted. Looking at options to carry mountain bikes on the sides.

54D08BFE-2AF1-4356-9879-F63DBA07EF20.jpeg
Did you swap out the bolts that mount the rack to the bed? Mine look much longer than yours. I'd like to go with shorter bolts so cargo doesn't snag on them.

Sponsored

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Did you swap out the bolts that mount the rack to the bed? Mine look much longer than yours. I'd like to go with shorter bolts so cargo doesn't snag on them.
No on swapping. I did cut the tent mounting bolts, but that’s it.

Tokolosh

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q7, 2014 Ford Fusion, 2015 Chrysler T&C
Occupation
Director in Automotive Industry

Jeep Gladiator Fishbone Bed Rack 6F1F6266-EAEC-4D66-ADDA-5331AF036575
Would the Rebel Off Road mounts work with this rack? That’s how I’ll do the side mount bikes.

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Would the Rebel Off Road mounts work with this rack? That’s how I’ll do the side mount bikes.
Was going to try those but ended up building these for 1/3 of the cost of brackets, and they work with my existing Yakima trays. That saved me additional $250-300. Those mounts will certainly look better.
Sponsored