Fishbone Tackle Rack accessories

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
So I installed the Fishbone tackle rack recently, but am curious what accessories people have added to theirs. All racks seem to have different mounting point sizes, so not sure what may fit.

Fishbone doesn’t sell any accessory mounts themselves, so curious what people have done.

I see a few accessory mounts, but not sure if any of them will fit. Anyone have experience with any these?

https://nuthouseindustries.com/shop/rack-accessories/maxtrax-tred-pro-mounting-plates/
https://www.equipt1.com/products/k9-maxtrax-mount-set
https://www.g-wagenaccessories.com/products/maxtrax-mounting-brackets-for-slimline-roof-rack

It looks like rotopax mounts should work out of the box... anyone have experience with these?
Sponsored

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Keeping an eye on this thread. I've got the Fishbone rack as well. I've installed some Quickfist mounts so far but interested in what others have found.

There are some 1 inch mounts on either side. Thinking about picking up some surplus 1 inch metal bars from Home Depot and building some mounts to utilize them.

matter76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Gator Green, 2012 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Interested as well. I'm looking at the fishbone rack as it seems to be the lowest profile rack with 3 vertical supports on either side available. JCR just looks so flimsy to me.

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I just searched and this is the only thread on the forum about the Fishbone Tackle rack. That surprises me as it looks to be a high-quality rack for a fairly low price. Seems like a great deal for the features it has.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
I just searched and this is the only thread on the forum about the Fishbone Tackle rack. That surprises me as it looks to be a high-quality rack for a fairly low price. Seems like a great deal for the features it has.
It does look like a nice rack. Disappointed in the customer service with it now that I have it on my JT unfortunately. But, they got my money and I guess that ends things. Overall, it's built well and after I fixed the issues with the nylon Lock nuts and nonadjustable top rails myself it's rock solid.

Still thinking about replacing it with a JCrOffroad or Zroadz rack as I've seen those in person and can appreciate some of the features.

Sponsored

JK4AER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2003 TJ Rubicon
I'm considering this rack as well but have found minimal reviews. Any other feedback out there? Thanks!

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
It does look like a nice rack. Disappointed in the customer service with it now that I have it on my JT unfortunately. But, they got my money and I guess that ends things. Overall, it's built well and after I fixed the issues with the nylon Lock nuts and nonadjustable top rails myself it's rock solid.

Still thinking about replacing it with a JCrOffroad or Zroadz rack as I've seen those in person and can appreciate some of the features.
That sucks. Service after the sale is just as important as the product itself, even more so when you have issues.

OP
OP
CCCVagabond

CCCVagabond

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White JTR
In general it is doing the job for me as well. They sent me a whole new bag of nets and bolts, so I doubled up the washers so I wouldn’t have the problem again. I installed a RTT, and attached it directly to the top two bars... pretty sturdy.

I ordered some universal maxtrax mounts and got those installed, works pretty well. I also added some quick fists using some extensions on the inside of the rack for a shovel and axe, with plans for some Rotopax containers on the remaining side.

I’ll get some pictures and put them up here. I’ll keep this rack for a while, doubt I will replace it with another rack since I ended up buying things just for this rack. I will probably get a cap for the bed someday... after a week in the backcountry, things get pretty dirty back there. But this will do fine until then.

pannelld20

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
teacher
Just got mine last night. Putting it on today. What iss everyone running on this? Anybody else got pictures and ideas? Main reason I purchased was to keep the dogs safer riding in the back of the truck. Id like to beef it up. I do some off-roading, mainly to get to deserted areas more than anything. Eventually, when my son gets to the right age, I will be adding a tent so that we can go camping. Until then though, trying to figure out what to add. Thanks!

Sponsored

joemussari

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Ducati Monster 1200
I have this rack. It is a bit heavy, but its really solid. Im pleased overall with it. I dont have any accessories mounted to it yet.

ryandoubleu

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Occupation
Project Engineer
I just received this rack and am pretty disappointed with it. The paint has some areas so thin that bare metal shows. They also forgot to include the 34 nuts that were supposed to come with it. Lastly, the bolts for the trail rail attachment are too short to accommodate the lock washer called out in the instructions.

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Keeping an eye on this thread. I've got the Fishbone rack as well. I've installed some Quickfist mounts so far but interested in what others have found.

There are some 1 inch mounts on either side. Thinking about picking up some surplus 1 inch metal bars from Home Depot and building some mounts to utilize them.
I tried installing the Quickfist today to no avail. The bolts #10 were too small and there is no way I’d mount a shovel outside my Mojave for fear of it falling off and damaging the vehicle or worse. How these things got good reviews on Amazon is beyond me. I used 1/2 x 5 inch bolts to mount my traction boards. At least that worked. Wanted to mount a shovel and a high lift jack, but have not figured out how to do that yet.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I tried installing the Quickfist today to no avail. The bolts #10 were too small and there is no way I’d mount a shovel outside my Mojave for fear of it falling off and damaging the vehicle or worse. How these things got good reviews on Amazon is beyond me. I used 1/2 x 5 inch bolts to mount my traction boards. At least that worked. Wanted to mount a shovel and a high lift jack, but have not figured out how to do that yet.
Most people I know have reamed out the hole to fit an 8mm or 10mm bolt since that's what most mounting points will use. IMO if you're set on quick fists is to buy the brackets that Wilco made and others have copied... they use the holes side to side and mount to the truck via the metal instead of going through the rubber.

Wyofuy069

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jt Mojave
Occupation
Sales
What I’d like to find is a large storage container that I can put kinetic ropes in among other things. Rotopax are a little small and the screws are small on that as well. I have over 1/2 holes and would like to use them.
Sponsored