First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
So my led fog lights doesn’t seem to work. (Turns on and immediately turns off). I have checked connections multiple times.

Flashcal does not have a fog light led calibration.

Can I go to the dealer and have them calibrate the fog light without changing any flashcal settings?
Sponsored

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
So my led fog lights doesn’t seem to work. (Turns on and immediately turns off). I have checked connections multiple times.

Flashcal does not have a fog light led calibration.

Can I go to the dealer and have them calibrate the fog light without changing any flashcal settings?
Doesn't the Flashcal allow for changing fog lights from incandescent to LED? I'm having the same issue since changing bumpers and swapping the factory fog lights for a lightbar in the bumper. My understanding is that changing the setting for the lights to LED will fix that issue.

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@Squidly the reason I purchased the Flashcal was it did led and tire size calibrations which is all that I needed. Flashcal dropped the ball as it has tail lights, headlights, and turn/side marker leds but not fogs. I even tried emailing/calling them numerous times and couldn’t get any help.

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
So my options are to either sell the flashcal and buy tazer mini, have the dealer program led fogs along with flashcal, or reroute to aux (pending purchase).

I really don’t want to use it as an aux switch for the fogs as it defeats the purpose of having the fog light oem switch.

Sponsored

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
@Squidly the reason I purchased the Flashcal was it did led and tire size calibrations which is all that I needed. Flashcal dropped the ball as it has tail lights, headlights, and turn/side marker leds but not fogs. I even tried emailing/calling them numerous times and couldn’t get any help.
Oh wow, I could have sworn I read that it'll do the fog lights too ... Guess I'm not going that route either.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
So my options are to either sell the flashcal and buy tazer mini, have the dealer program led fogs along with flashcal, or reroute to aux (pending purchase).

I really don’t want to use it as an aux switch for the fogs as it defeats the purpose of having the fog light oem switch.
Found a solution this morning, and tested it to work perfectly ... Add a load balance resistor (pictured) in the power wire leading to the LED's. I'm now using the fog light switch to control the lightbar in my bumper
Jeep Gladiator Flashcal and dealer flash 20201114_122442

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@Squidly can u send me a link. I’ll purchase today and install next weekend. My oem harness and pigtails came in but I’ll just splice the resistors on my current wiring to see if it works.

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
@Squidly can u send me a link. I’ll purchase today and install next weekend. My oem harness and pigtails came in but I’ll just splice the resistors on my current wiring to see if it works.
I had it sitting in my tool box, don't remember where I got them, but Amazon has them, just look up LED load balance resistor

OP
OP
DeezJT

DeezJT

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending
Occupation
Process Engineer
@Squidly i bought a plug n play resistor to connect to the fog lights and that did the trick. Fog lights stayed on for more than a minute while testing and didn’t even shut off. Thanks for your help.

Sponsored

Squidly

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2006 LJ
@Squidly i bought a plug n play resistor to connect to the fog lights and that did the trick. Fog lights stayed on for more than a minute while testing and didn’t even shut off. Thanks for your help.
Awesome, glad it worked for you !!!

vasilisk89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Would you happen to have a link for these? Sad to see you sold the rig it looks great!