Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Which part of the state?
Right now I’m in Vero Beach, but I’m looking to put in a few miles starting in the second half of February — a few weeks in Florida and then up and over to California. So I’m open to any direction that offers some trails and a place to camp.
Sponsored

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Right now I’m in Vero Beach, but I’m looking to put in a few miles starting in the second half of February — a few weeks in Florida and then up and over to California. So I’m open to any direction that offers some trails and a place to camp.
Look up Florida Adventure Trail. Can download the map and use Gaia, Gpx Viewer, etc. 1200 miles of trail riding/camping with pin points across North fl and into Central. Planning to run some of it myself sometime feb/Mar.

I'm in palm bay, just north of u. There's a place called the compound by me u can spend a few hrs messing around with some trails, mud, clay,water crossings. But u better have recovery gear, gps, and preferably bring a second vehicle.

Then there's Canaveral Groves in Port St John a lil more North. Mostly sugar sand and compact bottom water crossings. Water can get deep, but it's fairly tame right now. Not much camping at these 2, but probably worth a day ride out. I'd say I join ya as ur second vehicle, but it have to bee on a weekend.

jbretthorton

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Program Manager
Look up Florida Adventure Trail. Can download the map and use Gaia, Gpx Viewer, etc. 1200 miles of trail riding/camping with pin points across North fl and into Central. Planning to run some of it myself sometime feb/Mar.

I'm in palm bay, just north of u. There's a place called the compound by me u can spend a few hrs messing around with some trails, mud, clay,water crossings. But u better have recovery gear, gps, and preferably bring a second vehicle.

Then there's Canaveral Groves in Port St John a lil more North. Mostly sugar sand and compact bottom water crossings. Water can get deep, but it's fairly tame right now. Not much camping at these 2, but probably worth a day ride out. I'd say I join ya as ur second vehicle, but it have to bee on a weekend.
Im in Riverview, I might be down for a ride as well sometime in the near future?

csandoval1988

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Im over in Tampa! i would def be down for a ride in the near future as well! i need to get more involved with the jeep community in the area. So sign me up !

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, FAT is an overlanding trail. Can't do it in 1 day. I plan on hitting it in sections over multiple weekends. But yall are looking for rides near u, go to Facebook, if u have, and find Florida Trail Stompers. They ride alot around Citrus and Croom. But they are statewide group. Also take advantage of some promotional partner discounts.

Sponsored

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Just found out my surgery in Celebration is at the end of March, so I’m going to get a few weeks in February and another few weeks in March to check out Florida by Jeep. I’m definitely checking out Ocala and at least part of the FAT. If you gents round up a weekend trail adventure, count me in. I might be a little top heavy with my RTT, but I’ll try not to hold up the line.

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just found out my surgery in Celebration is at the end of March, so I’m going to get a few weeks in February and another few weeks in March to check out Florida by Jeep. I’m definitely checking out Ocala and at least part of the FAT. If you gents round up a weekend trail adventure, count me in. I might be a little top heavy with my RTT, but I’ll try not to hold up the line.
Shouldn't have any issue running an rtt, I never do. Just be mindful of what's above

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't remember if I mentioned it, but join Florida Trail Stompers, Dirt Road Coalition, and High Road Jeeps on Facebook. They do trail rides, meet n greets, and other events.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Shouldn't have any issue running an rtt, I never do. Just be mindful of what's above
Thanks. I’m just mounting mine up this week, so I figure they’ll be some adjustment period on roads and trails over the next few months. I got one with an aluminum case, and went with a 3/4 height rack, assuming I’d make a few low-hanging mistakes. You know what it’s like — buy pretty things and then go smack them around a bit to make them real.

Sponsored

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Unless you stay on the big boring trails, RTTs are going to catch some substantial branches in the ONF.
I have a full height rack with a 6" storage tube bolted to one side and it sounds like it's getting ripped off half the time out there.

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Ok. Still need to finish a few upgrades, but I decided to get out and about to test some of the new gear. Doing four easy days in the only state park that had an open spot — Highlands Hammock — and then heading up to Ocala NF on Tuesday for five days or so on the FAT.

If anyone’s out there, flag me down. First cold beverage is on me (provided my portable power system holds out :fingerscrossed:).

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! F7FDF5B4-D2A0-4A1F-A831-604FE20C95D4

Jeep Gladiator Florida Roll Call! 644BEDB1-8963-475E-A701-91EAED07E7E3