Fog lights during the day

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Is there a way to set the lights to auto and have the fog lights on during the day with the halos and Drl’s? I have a tazer but didn’t see that option but there are a few settings I’m on sure of like Canada mode. Currently if the lights are on auto and head lights are off you can’t turn on the fogs.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to set the lights to auto and have the fog lights on during the day with the halos and Drl’s? I have a tazer but didn’t see that option but there are a few settings I’m on sure of like Canada mode. Currently if the lights are on auto and head lights are off you can’t turn on the fogs.
Why?
Just curious as it adds no safety - it's strictly appearance. OR, is that what you are after?
You could likely rig a relay for the fog lights that you trigger in some way like the aux switches.
Diodes in line to prevent feedback to power what you don't want on.
That's the way I'd go.

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
No real reason...noticed a jk passing me today with them on and liked the look. Thought it would be a nice option to have. If I ever need them on for some reason I can always just turn the lights off auto so not a big deal. Just curious...

12BNNT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Ive got my fog lights set to come on in my truck With the auto headlights. Live on a winding 2 lane county highway and found it helps illuminate the sides/edges of the roads at night (without blinding people with the high beams) giving me a few seconds advanced notice if there’s a deer along the road.
Ive noticed if I have the headlights on auto, the fog lights only come on with the headlights, but, if I take it off the AUTO Headlights position and use the normal 3 positions of the switch, the fog lights do come on in the running light position without the headlights. Don’t use it cause my dumb butt would probably park the truck and get out and not notice the dash notice or hear the chimes over the phone or something and come back to a dead battery. Safer and more convenient for me to use the automatic feature. Don’t see a need for the fog lights if the headlights aren’t on.
Sponsored