First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I am having the exact same problem including the LED fogs initially turning on and then flickered and turned off.

I am getting the fog light indicator on the dash and it turns on and off. I checked the voltages at the fog lights and I am getting 14+ volts.

I was able to adjust my speedometer and change my DRL to turn signals. I just cannot get the fog lights to work.

I agree that the JScan app is not working for the LED fog lights(?).
I downloaded and licensed AlfaOBD. I set the fog light to LED in AlfaOBD and AlfaOBD reported that they were already set to LED. So it appears that JScan is working properly. My LED fog lights are still not working. In addition, I plugged in my original halogen fog lights and they work.

I rechecked voltages at the frame connector and both left and right LED connectors, all connectors have 14.65vdc. I checked ohm resistance at both LED lights. Left LED light is open and the right LED light has 15.7k ohms.

I am assuming that the left LED light is burned out and possible the right one also.

Anyone know what the ohms resistance for the LED fog lights is supposed to be?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

RS3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD on order, 2017 4runner TRD
Occupation
Self Employed
Got Covid and had to reschedule lol... will keep you posted after dealer visit.
Any change? I am about ready to embark on purchasing all of the LED lighting for mine if they can even be found.

Sponsored

OP
OP

pizzapirate

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Sting Grey
Update: Finally took Jeep to dealer (2 month wait...). They could not get the lights to come on. They tried flashing the computer every way possible without any success. As a last result they checked the LED Bulbs individually and apparently neither are working properly. They believe that having it on the Halogen setting caused the LED's to burn out - OR I got a bad set.

I think I read somewhere that the Halogen setting wouldn't actually cause the LED's to burn out - but it could cause them to flicker... Regardless - this is such a dumb situation. I specifically bought the Mopar bumper to avoid any compatibility issues. I guess this is the penalty for buying factory parts and DIY

I love A/C, Power Steering, Heated Seats - but my old 1983 CJ7 wasn't all bad!!

SigArmorer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Public Safety
I just installed the Mopar steel bumper with LED fogs. They turned on briefly; then went off and I turned switch off to await programming. Today, I used Tazer to change settings to LED fogs, did the reboot and 2 sleep cycles. Now, the left fog is working; but the right isn’t. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks!

OP
OP

pizzapirate

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the Mopar steel bumper with LED fogs. They turned on briefly; then went off and I turned switch off to await programming. Today, I used Tazer to change settings to LED fogs, did the reboot and 2 sleep cycles. Now, the left fog is working; but the right isn’t. Any suggestions/thoughts? Thanks!
Best advice - expect to be frustrated and spend more $$$. Jeep did a poor job designing / planning for people to upgrade to Mopar Steel Bumper DIY. Contacted mopar to have them replace the Fog Lights and they just stuck their heads in the ground. I wasted more time and money in my driveway and just ordered a pair for Diode Dynamic LED Fogs.

I have been continually disappointed with Chrysler/Fiat/Mopar since I bought my Jeep. For this being the most accessorized vehicle on the planet - it's criminal how painful switching to LED's has been.

Feels like Mopar wants to punish people for not originally paying for all the bells and whistles. Or they have some awful engineers

SigArmorer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Can anyone confirm if turning the LED’s on prior to programming (still set to halogen) can fry the LED’s??

OP
OP

pizzapirate

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can anyone confirm if turning the LED’s on prior to programming (still set to halogen) can fry the LED’s??
My dealer claims this is what happened to my LED's. I read previously on a threat that it was not possible to fry them. I still don't know what's correct...

-Wish I could be of more help, but I'm in the same boat.

Sponsored

SigArmorer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Thank you. I’m going to reboot the Tazer again and see if I can get both working.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The LEDs would still use 12 volts so no, you won't fry them. Is polarity an issue? LEDs can require specific polarity while other lights won't care which is + and which is -
Are the connectors between Halogen and LED identical?
My truck has always had LED so I've never messed with that other than to install DiodeDynamics selective yellow fog lights in mine - plug and play.

SigArmorer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
The bumper is Mopar and the LED lights were I stalled and pre-wired. Just required plugging into the connector (same connector for halogen and LED). So wiring should be ok. And both worked briefly before flickering prior to re programming.

SigArmorer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Safety
Is it true that each front fog lamp has a separate fuse?

CJXJJT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
51 CJ3A, 71 CJ5, 72 CJ6, 93 XJ, 21 JT
Occupation
Machinist
Same boat here! Bought the mopar bumper w/led's, insalled, turned on then flickered off. Set up Jscan. My dash fog light shows on now, but no actual fogs on??
Sponsored