Jamil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Aircraft engineer
Hey guys.

Wanted any info or pics on Gladiators out there that have done a 2.5-3inch lift using the fox 2.5 elite remote resivor racing shocks.

Info desired
- what else should i change aside from the shocks?
- how are the fox shocks? Drivalbitly? Adjustments?
- any other useful info.

Wanting to do the lift on a overland.
Much appriciated with replies.
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have them. They are decent. I am not completely happy with the adjustment scheme. They do not have rebound and compression settings like most shocks, but high speed and low speed settings. They make a difference as you adjust them but not not sure of how the combination of the two interact. Also I feel my wheel and tire combo, use up most the capability of these shocks as they come from the factory. They seem to work best when being pushed offroad with bigger dips and bumps. On road with heaves and such, not much different from 2.0s

0108222003b_HDR.jpg

OP
OP

Jamilali3091

First Name
Jamil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Aircraft engineer
Thanks for the reply, im located in Australia so we dont have alot of options down here.
I really like the look of them but just wanted the info.
Did you have to change and links or bars?
how high are you sitting on the pic?
whats the wheel offset/ tyre size?
so sorry for all the questions

btw Nice rig.. looks awesome, love the way it sits.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I am sitting on a Mopar 2.5 inch lift. I changed out the track bars for the Yeti, steer smarts, adjustable bars. The wheels are Fuel Rampage 20 inch wheels with an -18 negative offset I believe. Not my first choice but they are 2 piece forged wheels, I got for a good deal. The tires are 35x12.5s.

The shocks are solid pieces. I think I was just expecting a bit more by the looks and packaging. Also I may be judging thier on road manners to hard. I am used to spending that kind of money on my road car shocks ,and having dramatic improvements. I believe these offer that just in the offroad, operation.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I have them on the rear of my Mojave to help damp the bouncing I get at highway speeds. The shop that installed them adjusted the high speed setting but not the low and the shocks did not make much difference. This weekend I read the below article and then adjusted the low speed setting, there is a huge difference now.

https://accutuneoffroad.com/should-i-get-dsc-adjusters-on-my-fox-shocks/

4EA39BBD-AE85-4D02-BD68-289485EBE777.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jamilali3091

First Name
Jamil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Aircraft engineer
I am sitting on a Mopar 2.5 inch lift. I changed out the track bars for the Yeti, steer smarts, adjustable bars. The wheels are Fuel Rampage 20 inch wheels with an -18 negative offset I believe. Not my first choice but they are 2 piece forged wheels, I got for a good deal. The tires are 35x12.5s.

The shocks are solid pieces. I think I was just expecting a bit more by the looks and packaging. Also I may be judging thier on road manners to hard. I am used to spending that kind of money on my road car shocks ,and having dramatic improvements. I believe these offer that just in the offroad, operation.
Sweet. I guess your feedback is still pretty good on them. I am sterring towards the 2.5 remotes but just needed some user feed back.
Thankyou so much for your feedback, it has helped me heaps :)

OP
OP

Jamilali3091

First Name
Jamil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Aircraft engineer
I have them on the rear of my Mojave to help damp the bouncing I get at highway speeds. The shop that installed them adjusted the high speed setting but not the low and the shocks did not make much difference. This weekend I read the below article and then adjusted the low speed setting, there is a huge difference now.

https://accutuneoffroad.com/should-i-get-dsc-adjusters-on-my-fox-shocks/

Jeep Gladiator Fox 2.5 elite res fox shocks 4EA39BBD-AE85-4D02-BD68-289485EBE777
Nice, thanks so much for that link, really good info.
we unfortantley dont get the mojave variant over here. In regards to that, do the mojave use a very identical shock to the fox 2.5 elite?

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Nice, thanks so much for that link, really good info.
we unfortantley dont get the mojave variant over here. In regards to that, do the mojave use a very identical shock to the fox 2.5 elite?
The Mojave use a Mopar specific non-adjustable bypass shock. They look similar to the fox 2.5s but the fox are adjustable and are not bypass.

tonywin

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’ve been considering upgrading to the 2.5s as well. Is it better to do front and rear, or just the fronts? Are these even necessary for the rear of our JT’s? Currently running the oem Fox.

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
I started with just the rear because I figured that was where my bouncing was coming from, and that is the only reason I replaced them. I will do the fronts in a month or two to see if it gets just a little better, but it is a big improvement in the rear.

Sponsored

Jeepinjaymie

First Name
Jaymie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

Mtpisgah

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Any chance you have your Mojave rears for sale? Awesome rig
I considered selling them but kind of want to keep them for when I need to have the 2.5s serviced. Put the OEM back on, ship the 2.5s, and then switch back when they return. If I knew I could get them rebuilt in a weeks time I would sell them.

Jeepinjaymie

First Name
Jaymie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Makes sense. Who knows now days everything seems to take forever haha. It would suck to have your rig down just for that. If you ever wanna sell them let me know

Haas Avacado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
CNC Machinist / Educator

What length shocks did you use for the Mopar lift? 2-3" looks identical to the shocks that come with the lift kit, however the 3.5 to 4.5" appear they will work also but will have more down travel.
Sponsored